real time web analytics
Report (Permission Visit) - Elvington Nuclear Bunker | Military Sites | Page 4 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report (Permission Visit) Elvington Nuclear Bunker

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Toni Petty

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
The following are the YW Emergency Control Bunkers I have heard of:

Basement of YW HQ in Bradford (refurbished and still in use)
Basement of YW Offices in Skipton
Elvington (York) subject of this report
Chellow Heights (also Bradford area)
Cottingham (Mill Dam site?)
Langsett (Stocksbridge, Barnsley)
Nutwell (Cantley, Doncaster)
Deighton (Huddersfield)

Also shared with Civil Defence Bunker (ex WW2 RAF bunker) corner of Grove Road/Skipton Road, Harrogate [Building now used by NYCC Education Department]

What a hero!!!! I cannot thank you enough, I’ll get them all visited now, may I ask where you got your info from, pm if need be.

Ordnance

Stay Safe
Staff member
Hard to say really but its a mixture of remembering what I hear, and asking the right questions at times ;) Sub Brit visited Cottingham a few years ago.

Toni Petty

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Toni you don’t happen to know if there is a bunker of any type on the Thames water mogden works ?

built pre war......they have a ww2 air raid shelter there but always wondered if there was more
There’s one in Chatham, and it’s apparently in immaculate condition!!!

Toni Petty

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Toni you don’t happen to know if there is a bunker of any type on the Thames water mogden works ?

built pre war......they have a ww2 air raid shelter there but always wondered if there was more
Yes there is a beauty down in Chatham, it’s the southern water Emergency Control Centre.

Scoobysrt

Teim scoobs
28DL Full Member
Are those pictures of the main entrance? I was under the (I now presume incorrect) opinon that multi room bunkers would have a walk in door for access with the hatch in your pics being the emergency exit?

Toni Petty

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Are those pictures of the main entrance? I was under the (I now presume incorrect) opinon that multi room bunkers would have a walk in door for access with the hatch in your pics being the emergency exit?
It’s mulitroom, spoke with a guy who’s been down it.

Wappy

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
What a hero!!!! I cannot thank you enough, I’ll get them all visited now, may I ask where you got your info from, pm if need be.
I can add another that i know about for sure because ive been in there at Doncaster. Also i believe Northallerton and Harrogate. I believe some teliphone exchanges also have them but ive no proof of that

Ordnance

Stay Safe
Staff member
Civil Defence Bunker (ex WW2 RAF bunker) corner of Grove Road/Skipton Road, Harrogate (next door to fire station - Building now used by NYCC Education Department]

Was opened up earlier this year for inspection then sealed up again! There is another Civil Defence bunker under the old town hall in the town centre now under private ownership and sealed.

Toni Petty

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I can add another that i know about for sure because ive been in there at Doncaster. Also i believe Northallerton and Harrogate. I believe some teliphone exchanges also have them but ive no proof of that
Hi mate, which one in Donny? I’ve been in the one at Donny, I’m just curious to see if it’s the same, please private message me as I wouldn’t want the location been blown as it’s a real gem.

S U B T E R

S U B T E R
28DL Full Member
If anyone wants to see the interior I've done a report on the one in cottingham there was 7 build all together but the cottingham, Elvington, Harrogate and Nutwell bunkers was all to the same specifications. The other 3 was converted basements predominantly in council buildings.

tweek

SNC/SWC
Regular User

Who has read this thread (Total: 769) View details