real time web analytics
Report (Permission Visit) - Elvington Nuclear Bunker | Military Sites | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report (Permission Visit) Elvington Nuclear Bunker

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

tigger

mog
Regular User
......everything on this website bores me to death, I don’t even know why I post my ‘reports’ coz you just get shot down by some kid in a mask with a fancy name.

Perhaps some negativity but not to that extent. Your reply is a big step up from it. If everything on here bores you to death then why are you here?

A couple of externals and a some of info about what it represents would certainly be interesting...the number and repetion is tedious
(I realise you had a bit of problem with them initially but when you previewed it and saw that a quick message to the admin team would likely have had you up an running again in no time).

I hope you stay and post some more. We all have differing interests and to me that is part of the appeal of 28DL. On here I can see things that are interesting that I wouldn't normally see (such as Water Authority Emergency infrastructure) or necessarily be aware of, equally, I can ignore the stuff that I know won't interest me.

Down and beyond

The true source of englands wealth is coal
Regular User
You should just stay and keep trying , I done a few reports now and am ever so happy with the out come 6 people I have met so far have been incredibly helpful and have some meets set up which will teach me a lot,I think a nuclear bunker is fascinating but is going to be a extremely hard job getting inside though

Seffy

SWC
Staff member
This is something that people on here would most certainly like to see, just a shame you weren’t able to get any photos inside. Please don’t let it put you off posting here again - I’m sure you’ll come across more epic stuff that’s worth posting!

Toni Petty

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Perhaps some negativity but not to that extent. Your reply is a big step up from it. If everything on here bores you to death then why are you here?

A couple of externals and a some of info about what it represents would certainly be interesting...the number and repetion is tedious
(I realise you had a bit of problem with them initially but when you previewed it and saw that a quick message to the admin team would likely have had you up an running again in no time).

I hope you stay and post some more. We all have differing interests and to me that is part of the appeal of 28DL. On here I can see things that are interesting that I wouldn't normally see (such as Water Authority Emergency infrastructure) or necessarily be aware of, equally, I can ignore the stuff that I know won't interest me.
Hi, I’m new here, and straight away I see it’s bitchy as fuck, I’m not arsed at all, kids hiding behind keyboards an all that, but it’s not really the game shooting newbies down, you wouldn’t open a shop and tut at the new customers walking in would ya more sensitive lady might just think sod this I’m off, I’ve only posted 3 ‘reports’ all three have never been covered at all, real original stuff, ok the last one was shite but none the less it’s there and a little digging and speaking to the right guy I’ll get in.
love newbie

Toni Petty

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
More interesting than you think! This is not a single room ROC Bunker but a multi room Yorkshire Water Emergency Control Centre of which Yorkshire Water built 10 each with its own standby generator which also ran the sump drainage pump which was last run over 10 years ago and duplicate telephone exchange to the above ground works.

There is a network of such centres around the country now mostly disused.
I’ve been in Chellow Heights which is immaculate, beds still in wrappers, kettles unused, cutlery still in draws and escape hatch still clear and ready. I know of Langsett of which I’ll be doing probably next week, I know Nutwell has a big one, and obvs Elvington in this report, I was wondering if you know of anymore? I have access to YW sites so would make a visit whilst ‘working’ any info would be appreciated, or will I get done by someone off here for asking hahahahah

Down and beyond

The true source of englands wealth is coal
Regular User
You shouldn’t feel that way at all a lot of people have commented on it , no one has shot you down from behind any keyboard many people have gave you decent honest advice , I think mayb you should of spoke to the appropriate person first to get it before your post , or speak to him now and update it if you think it’s necessary will be looking falward to seing the inside on your update

Toni Petty

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hi, I’m new here, and straight away I see it’s bitchy as fuck, I’m not arsed at all, kids hiding behind keyboards an all that, but it’s not really the game shooting newbies down, you wouldn’t open a shop and tut at the new customers walking in would ya more sensitive lady might just think sod this I’m off, I’ve only posted 3 ‘reports’ all three have never been covered at all, real original stuff, ok the last one was shite but none the less it’s there and a little digging and speaking to the right guy I’ll get in.
love newbie
P.s I wasn’t referring to anyone’s reports as boring, I was referring to the numerous bitches who comment on people’s work.

Ojay

Admin
Staff member
Admin
TBF there is very little negativity here these days as it’s often removed or dealt with swiftly. We’ve put a lot of effort into welcoming newbies past few years and I’m not about about to sit back and let that happen!

Other than a little harsh critique on this one from one person which could have been better worded I’m not sure what else you’re referring to so would kindly ask you to link me up in case we have missed something which I doubt..

There are no kids sitting behind keyboards on here, most of us are middle aged.

Anyway as I said earlier ignore it and carry on sharing your stuff and let the forum staff deal with goonage, feel free to use the report button to flag up anything you spot that you feel needs addressing, in the meantime look forward to seeing some of these bunkers :thumb

pirate

Rum Swigger
28DL Full Member
But looking back at your reports not one person has shot you down or acted liked a keyboard warrior.

people who get shot down are the ones that act like dicks,ignore all the suggestions given to them and then throw their toys out the pram.

I for one like seeing these bunkers :thumb

Toni Petty

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
TBF there is very little negativity here these days as it’s often removed or dealt with swiftly. We’ve put a lot of effort into welcoming newbies past few years and I’m not about about to sit back and let that happen!

Other than a little harsh critique on this one from one person which could have been better worded I’m not sure what else you’re referring to so would kindly ask you to link me up in case we have missed something which I doubt..

There are no kids sitting behind keyboards on here, most of us are middle aged.

Anyway as I said earlier ignore it and carry on sharing your stuff and let the forum staff deal with goonage, feel free to use the report button to flag up anything you spot that you feel needs addressing, in the meantime look forward to seeing some of these bunkers :thumb
Splendid

Ojay

Admin
Staff member
Admin
But looking back at your reports not one person has shot you down or acted liked a keyboard warrior.

people who get shot down are the ones that act like dicks,ignore all the suggestions given to them and then throw their toys out the pram.

I for one like seeing these bunkers :thumb

@HughieD posts were a bit negative really, sure it’s his opinion but looking at it from an outsider perspective of someone just joining up and trying to contribute it’s a little off putting.

Again with the greatest of respect if anyone of you don’t like a particular subject matter scroll on by. If you feel the need to comment then let’s try and put a bit more of a positive spin on it rather than berating.

I’d rather people not comment at all if it’s going to have an adverse effect or simply not be helpful

Toni Petty

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
@HughieD posts were a bit negative really, sure it’s his opinion but looking at it from an outsider perspective of someone just joining up and trying to contribute it’s a little off putting.

Again with the greatest of respect if anyone of you don’t like a particular subject matter scroll on by. If you feel the need to comment then let’s try and put a bit more of a positive spin on it rather than berating.

I’d rather people not comment at all if it’s going to have an adverse effect or simply not be helpful
Her

Make love not war

HughieD

28DL Regular User
Regular User

OK - @Ojay Apologies. I could have put it in a more positive way.

I just assumed a report on a bunker would mean you got in inside.

Apols to @Toni Petty too...

Last edited:

Bikin Glynn

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Horrible that HughieD lol.

But in all seriousness Toni your first 2 reports are really quite interesting shame u didnt have more pics of them.
This one not so much so.
One of my first reports admin deleted at source as they deemed it "not interesting enough" (which reminds me I must go back & see if I can sneak this one by them) took me a while to get over that but glad I did, I have met some great new friends through here & still am, as only the other day was talking to a new member who will prob become a close friend!

So stick with it & dont get hung up on finding something "new", chances are someone will of always been there before you anyway & a decent report of somewhere that has been seen many times before is often better!

Who has read this thread (Total: 769) View details