real time web analytics
Report (Permission Visit) - Elvington Nuclear Bunker | Military Sites | Page 3 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report (Permission Visit) Elvington Nuclear Bunker

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Calamity Jane

i see beauty in the unloved, places & things
Regular User
I for one welcome new blood to 28dl, and will try my best to help a newbie. I have looked at your previous reports and they are pretty cool. You obliviously do your research and kudos for that.

I would never put anyone down, your report on Chellow Heights was interesting and if you ever need any help just holla. It can be daunting posting as a new comer and getting some criticism & as you say a more sensitive person might of said fuck it.

I personally have an interest in bunkers, but sadly Ive only ever done Kelvedon Hatch as a permission visit. But sadly lost most of the photos back in 2006 as I didnt back up my pc duh.

I really hope you stay and I look forward to seeing your reports. 28dl is friendly and we want people to input and not lurk, so its a big well done from me for taking the time to post.

Toni Petty

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Horrible that HughieD lol.

But in all seriousness Toni your first 2 reports are really quite interesting shame u didnt have more pics of them.
This one not so much so.
One of my first reports admin deleted at source as they deemed it "not interesting enough" (which reminds me I must go back & see if I can sneak this one by them) took me a while to get over that but glad I did, I have met some great new friends through here & still am, as only the other day was talking to a new member who will prob become a close friend!

So stick with it & dont get hung up on finding something "new", chances are someone will of always been there before you anyway & a decent report of somewhere that has been seen many times before is often better!
Thanks, I’m not hung up on the new finds, I’ll share every detail about them especially Nutwell and Langsett when I get sent there chances are peeps won’t get in, I’m just lucky I have access to these fascinating places. I’d love to get more info on the remaining locations but they burn all documents after 10 years which is a bummer so the remaining 6 YW built can only be found be talking to staff when I’m doing the rounds with work, I have a feeling Headingley has one and maybe Knostrop as they’re huge sites and pretty major works, just hoping someone here has any info coz I’ll be straight there, working of course wink wink.

Toni Petty

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I for one welcome new blood to 28dl, and will try my best to help a newbie. I have looked at your previous reports and they are pretty cool. You obliviously do your research and kudos for that.

I would never put anyone down, your report on Chellow Heights was interesting and if you ever need any help just holla. It can be daunting posting as a new comer and getting some criticism & as you say a more sensitive person might of said fuck it.

I personally have an interest in bunkers, but sadly Ive only ever done Kelvedon Hatch as a permission visit. But sadly lost most of the photos back in 2006 as I didnt back up my pc duh.

I really hope you stay and I look forward to seeing your reports. 28dl is friendly and we want people to input and not lurk, so its a big well done from me for taking the time to post.
Hi, thanks for the warm words.

Im kinda looking at an area which is really vague, well all know about the ROC posts, the regional bunkers and the ROTOR ones too, but I’m really trying to tap into the nuclear bunkers built for the utility companies I know for sure 10 were built specifically for YW staff, this by years of research, I’ve been lucky seen 2 of and I know 100% there’s one at Langsett and one on the Nutwell facility (you see clues to it from the road) I’ll have my day and get in them I’m luck to have a job where I have access to these places not open to the public, I’d just live to hear about the other 6 coz I’d be straight there, hoping someone reads this and knows some info.

Toni Petty

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Ignore all that waffle /\/\/\

Tell us more about the bunker.....

well, it’s much larger than the Chellow Heights one I found, and the mound of earth above it suggest it’s multi roomed. Two aces hatches and set back around 40ft away looks like the escape hatch, two vent shafts to the left and an old coms tower for radio links, little info form the YW staff on any history of it. Sealed closed unfortunately, I’ll keep asking the staff and one day get in.

gingerspeedfreak

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
This stuff fascinates me. I find it interesting that there are sites like this all over the UK, in various states or repair/use. Having spent time in Drakelow Tunnels, and read more about it's history, these sort of places have risen up my 'interest chart'. Hope you manage to get in one day. Good luck.

Toni Petty

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
This stuff fascinates me. I find it interesting that there are sites like this all over the UK, in various states or repair/use. Having spent time in Drakelow Tunnels, and read more about it's history, these sort of places have risen up my 'interest chart'. Hope you manage to get in one day. Good luck.
Me too, I have a few unexplored ones on my list which will be posted and shared with you all. I like hearing about that ones not mentioned.

pirate

Rum Swigger
28DL Full Member
Toni you don’t happen to know if there is a bunker of any type on the Thames water mogden works ?

built pre war......they have a ww2 air raid shelter there but always wondered if there was more

Toni Petty

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Me too, I have a few unexplored ones on my list which will be posted and shared with you all. I like hearing about that ones not mentioned.
I would imagine all the regional water companies would have them, 100% certain, more so I’m London, only way to find out give a few treatment works office a call, someone will know something.

Paulxsplore

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
posts were a bit negative really, sure it’s his opinion but looking at it from an outsider perspective of someone just joining up and trying to contribute it’s a little off putting.

Is this not standard 28days for any newbie.

I expect to be told to get fucked for that but who cares..

Ojay

Admin
Staff member
Admin
A few picked up on were dealt with it’s not been like that for ages as a rule though!

Ordnance

Stay Safe
Staff member
The following are the YW Emergency Control Bunkers I have heard of:

Basement of YW HQ in Bradford (refurbished and still in use)
Basement of YW Offices in Skipton
Elvington (York) subject of this report
Chellow Heights (also Bradford area)
Cottingham (Mill Dam site?)
Langsett (Stocksbridge, Barnsley)
Nutwell (Cantley, Doncaster)
Deighton (Huddersfield)

Also shared with Civil Defence Bunker (ex WW2 RAF bunker) corner of Grove Road/Skipton Road, Harrogate [Building now used by NYCC Education Department]

Who has read this thread (Total: 769) View details