Web
Analytics
Report - - Endon Quarry, Macclesfield August 2017 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk
  • Welcome to 28DaysLater.co.uk - 28DL - The UK Urban Exploring / Urban Exploration / Urbex Forums.

Asylums and Hospitals, High Stuff, Industrial, Leisure Sites, Residential Sites, Military Sites, Mines and Quarries, ROC Posts, Theatres and Cinemas, Draining, Underground Sites, European and International Sites, Leads, Rumours and News, Kit, Clothing, Equipment, Photography and Video sections, plus Private & Local Groups and a lot more.

Please feel free to browse this website as a guest. However, creating an account allows you to search, post replies, start new threads, use bookmarking, live chat, messaging and notification systems. Also, it removes some ads.

Create an account | Login | Request new password

Report - Endon Quarry, Macclesfield August 2017

mookster

28DL Regular User
Regular User
First off I'm not even sure if it's the correct name as I can find less than bugger all about this old quarry workings just outside Macclesfield - it's a stones throw away from the currently active Endon Quarry though so a part of me assumed it's an older site for that but I wait to be proven wrong!

Anyway this was visited on a great little trip last August, I found it by chance and I don't think it's been covered on here before hence me posting it up (although if it has I'd be interested to see photos). A quick snoop around the front soon found us walking up the access track and we were in. There isn't a whole lot left except a nice selection of rusting heavy plant, and a large shed full of excavator engines and rolled up conveyor belt. It filled up an hour or so on a lovely summer morning though which was welcome.

All in all not a bad little wander if you're in the area and if, like me, you're a fan of rusting metal.

Thanks for looking :)​