real time web analytics
Information - - Entrance to Cults limestone mine. | Mines and Quarries | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Information - Entrance to Cults limestone mine.

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Exploreingfightstheboring

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hi there new member just made the profile to post this.
Been in the mines today for the first time. nearly all the entrances are closed.
Be careful as some rooms further down have the odd drip ect.
They are up the path with the boulders blocking it go up the path and turn left into the Forrest and walk along the higher points there not easy to find the paths come close but you have to keep looking down all the various gulleysor you will miss them
The picture shows the shaft to the right of the accessible one few hundred yards away
This one can be used but I would not advise it the gaps only about 2 -3 foot across. Although This entrance does connect to the other one should you wish to to so.
Take a good torch, don't go on your own, stay close with the strings that are running throughout it makes sure you don't lose your bearings because it it very easy.
Not sure if all the caves have strings in them the ones we seen well the majority of them anyway did.
Watch out for rocks
Stay safe and have fun

Attachments

• Snapchat-423413370.jpg
    Snapchat-423413370.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 40

DaveFM

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hi there new member just made the profile to post this.
Been in the mines today for the first time. nearly all the entrances are closed.
Be careful as some rooms further down have the odd drip ect.
They are up the path with the boulders blocking it go up the path and turn left into the Forrest and walk along the higher points there not easy to find the paths come close but you have to keep looking down all the various gulleysor you will miss them
The picture shows the shaft to the right of the accessible one few hundred yards away
This one can be used but I would not advise it the gaps only about 2 -3 foot across. Although This entrance does connect to the other one should you wish to to so.
Take a good torch, don't go on your own, stay close with the strings that are running throughout it makes sure you don't lose your bearings because it it very easy.
Not sure if all the caves have strings in them the ones we seen well the majority of them anyway did.
Watch out for rocks
Stay safe and have fun
There is a lot of string in Cults but by no means all of it, if you lose the string you can really be in trouble if you don't have a compass to guide you, though the mines don't extend in all that far, about 300 -400 metres in the parts that aren't submerged. They are about a mile wide though, when some kids got stuck in there after their torch broke it took about 17 hours for search teams to find them. There is water dripping throughout the mine here and there, even some trickles of water in places but its nothing to worry about.

Bikin Glynn

28DL Regular User
Regular User
There is a lot of string in Cults but by no means all of it, if you lose the string you can really be in trouble if you don't have a compass to guide you, though the mines don't extend in all that far, about 300 -400 metres in the parts that aren't submerged. They are about a mile wide though, when some kids got stuck in there after their torch broke it took about 17 hours for search teams to find them. There is water dripping throughout the mine here and there, even some trickles of water in places but its nothing to worry about.

Do people really use string to navigate in there? Certainly wasnt @Down and beyond then lol

Down and beyond

The true source of englands wealth is coal
Regular User
RIP the hole lot of it out and take it to a bin next time you go back I can’t stand this ! It makes a hudge mess and if you don’t see it trip over it it’s dangerous, if you need string to navigate you should not be in their

haych

Keep it real
28DL Full Member
Just use the brightest colour spraypaint you can find and spray the walls with giant arrows to navigate ;)

DaveFM

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Just use the brightest colour spraypaint you can find and spray the walls with giant arrows to navigate ;)
No self respecting explorer should use spray paint, it lasts practically forever in the cool dark of underground places and is a pain in the neck for the people who have to clean it off. If a route back has to be marked you can just leave a few glow sticks or plastic pointers on the ground which can be collected up as you move back to the exit.

Bikin Glynn

28DL Regular User
Regular User
No self respecting explorer should use spray paint, it lasts practically forever in the cool dark of underground places and is a pain in the neck for the people who have to clean it off. If a route back has to be marked you can just leave a few glow sticks or plastic pointers on the ground which can be collected up as you move back to the exit.

I think he was being sarcastic! I prefer chalk myself

Who has read this thread (Total: 168) View details