real time web analytics
Information - - Entrance to Cults limestone mine. | Mines and Quarries | Page 3 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Information - Entrance to Cults limestone mine.

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

haych

Keep it real
28DL Full Member
No self respecting explorer should use spray paint, it lasts practically forever in the cool dark of underground places and is a pain in the neck for the people who have to clean it off. If a route back has to be marked you can just leave a few glow sticks or plastic pointers on the ground which can be collected up as you move back to the exit.

Was just joking lad i would never do this haha!

Down and beyond

The true source of englands wealth is coal
Regular User
I prefer nothing and getting lost and finding my way out and learning the place by items laying around :D

Exploreingfightstheboring

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
The mine is a a complete cluster fuck of passage ways and bends.
I went down as far as the point where there's had been a big roof collapse at some point but the string was over the top of it so must have been there after it fell.
I didn't go any further as it looked darker down there and gave me the creeps.
I'm guessing that's where the good bit starts as I hadn't seen any mine carts or the like till that point only the rails and some tenants left behind by previous explorers.
but even goin in that far if it wasn't for the string you would get lost very easily i think.
Has anyone esle been further down? Would love to see but not sure if I can brave it

DaveFM

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
The mine is a a complete cluster fuck of passage ways and bends.
I went down as far as the point where there's had been a big roof collapse at some point but the string was over the top of it so must have been there after it fell.
I didn't go any further as it looked darker down there and gave me the creeps.
I'm guessing that's where the good bit starts as I hadn't seen any mine carts or the like till that point only the rails and some tenants left behind by previous explorers.
but even goin in that far if it wasn't for the string you would get lost very easily i think.
Has anyone esle been further down? Would love to see but not sure if I can brave it
was it red string? if so I think I know the point you were at. The 'darkness' is uniform throughout the mine, there aren't any darker sections as you put it.

DaveFM

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member

this shows the disordered layout of Cults though this is just a section of it. Its really fairly easy to move around it though if you just remember that the entrances are all on the northern edge, provided you have a compass.

Who has read this thread (Total: 168) View details