Web
Analytics
Question - - Equipment for a beginner. | Kit / Clothing / Equipment | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Question - Equipment for a beginner.

Jamie Offen

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I've always been intrested in exploring abandoned places but I never have. I've finally decided to finally get out and do it with a few of my friends. One thing I hate is being unprepared for things like this, especially as it can be very dangerous. I just want to know what will be suitable for exploring abandoned buildings.

Jamie Offen

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
As stated above, although I would add a basic first aid kit to the list and some antibac wipes. Anything else is dependent on where youre going and how confident you are.

Oh, and a tripod.
Thank you for telling me that. I almost forgot one of the most crucial things which is a first aid kit and you reminded me. I hate the thought of being stuck in a situation when someone is hurt during an exploration which already can be potentially dangerous or even having a little uncovered cut which can be so annoying. Thanks a lot.

lds_explorer

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Seen it in other posts on here about avoiding taking anything that can be seen as a potential weapon, just in case you're unlucky enough to get caught

wormster

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Steel toe capped boots for the win, along with some decent gloves

urbtastic

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Here's what I always take:

• black grippy gloves
  • Small backpack (not too big, you aren't robbing the place)
  • M3 rated mask
  • Trainers or hiking boots depending on how much climbing there is
  • Camera
  • First aid kit
  • 1L of water
  • Flashlights
  • Dark, robust clothing
  • Carl Zeiss Turmon 8x21 monocular
  • My "urbex buddy", 3 is a crowd imo
  • Sometimes proper climbing gear: harnesses, rope etc..

The Lone Ranger

Safety is paramount!
Staff member
These days I just do it from the safety of home. There's that many images on Facebook, Instagram, Flickr or screenshots from Youtube I have a huge choice of what to borrow and Photoshop myself in to make it appear as if I've been there.

Matt Holmes hacking TLR's computer ;)