real time web analytics
Question - - Equipment to use with phones | Kit / Clothing / Equipment | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Question - Equipment to use with phones

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Jack Wilkinson1

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
At the moment and for a few months or so I’m not gonna have the finances to go spend a couple hundred quid on a decent camera. So for the time being I’m completely reliant on my phone for pictures. Can anyone recommend some cheapish bits of equipment I could buy in the mean time?
I know a tripod would be a good thing to get so is there a specific one people are using?

Jack Wilkinson1

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I met him earlier this year, he uses his phone for all his pictures and get gets great results. He might be able to steer you in the right direction, tripod wise. :thumb
Ah okay, that’s great to hear I’m not the only one who dosen’t use an expensive camera for all my photos. Thankyou for your help.

Scoobysrt

Teim scoobs
28DL Full Member
I use an led inspection lamp with my phone and have just ordered a gimbal for it to try out for better video. I like the ease of just carrying my phone, lamp and a water bottle when I explore.
I have tripods but havent played with long exposure pics yet so haven't taken one with me.
I just need to learn what makes a good picture and how to frame them lol.

Yorrick

A fellow of infinite jest
28DL Full Member
I know a tripod would be a good thing to get so is there a specific one people are using?

I use a Velbon VTP787 tripod, a clamp mount to hold the phone and a remote. All available from Amazon and under £25 for the lot. I also use an led lenser P7 for light painting in the dark.

What phone are you using?

Jack Wilkinson1

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I use a Velbon VTP787 tripod, a clamp mount to hold the phone and a remote. All available from Amazon and under £25 for the lot. I also use an led lenser P7 for light painting in the dark.

What phone are you using?
Okay that’s brilliant to hear, I’ll go look on amazon now.
The phone I use is an iPhone 6.

Yorrick

A fellow of infinite jest
28DL Full Member
Okay that’s brilliant to hear, I’ll go look on amazon now.
The phone I use is an iPhone 6.

Okay. I'm pretty sure you can download an app that gives you manual controls, like exposure time and AF settings. (It's all standard with the Huawei phones)

Exploring with Andy

Behind Closed Doors
Staff member
You can get great photos with the most basic of kit, so no need to invest in lots of expensive equipment straight away. Understanding how photography works will certainly help you take better pictures with any camera or phone, so learning a little bit about exposure and most importantly composition will take you much further than any equipment will. All the photography tutorials and advice on the internet apply as much to camera phones as they do actual cameras. As you're probably aware, this website always states it's not a photography website, so the quality of the photos isn't the most important thing, the exploring you do it. However, your photos are how you represent your exploring on here, so it certainly doesn't hurt to try to make them look good.

Morning.Star

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
You can get great photos with the most basic of kit, so no need to invest in lots of expensive equipment straight away. Understanding how photography works will certainly help you take better pictures with any camera or phone, so learning a little bit about exposure and most importantly composition will take you much further than any equipment will. All the photography tutorials and advice on the internet apply as much to camera phones as they do actual cameras. As you're probably aware, this website always states it's not a photography website, so the quality of the photos isn't the most important thing, the exploring you do it. However, your photos are how you represent your exploring on here, so it certainly doesn't hurt to try to make them look good.

Absolutely second this. Lighting and composition is what you can control with a phone unless you have manual features like the Huawei. You can also get physical attachments for phones such as optical zoom and wide angle!