Web
Analytics
Report - - Euston Downside Depot-London-April-2015 | Other Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk
  • Welcome to 28DaysLater.co.uk - 28DL - The UK Urban Exploring / Urban Exploration / Urbex Forums.

Asylums and Hospitals, High Stuff, Industrial, Leisure Sites, Residential Sites, Military Sites, Mines and Quarries, ROC Posts, Theatres and Cinemas, Draining, Underground Sites, European and International Sites, Leads, Rumours and News, Kit, Clothing, Equipment, Photography and Video sections, plus Private & Local Groups and a lot more.

Please feel free to browse this website as a guest. However, creating an account allows you to search, post replies, start new threads, use bookmarking, live chat, messaging and notification systems. Also, it removes some ads.

Create an account | Login | Request new password

Report - Euston Downside Depot-London-April-2015

mrwhite

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Visited this place with my now regular partner slayaaa :-), actually visited this place hoping to access it really easy but that wasn't the case, gave up on that day. So decided we give it another go.

It was like a sauna in there.

Like everyone else I couldn't find anything on this place kinda weird that there is very little official info on this place.

Following was borrowed from Lowrijen37 report:

It was used for the Rail Express Systems sector of British Rail which was responsible for mail and parcel traffic including the travelling post office trains ( there was an image of them in depot online but for the life of I can't find it) the sector had maintenance depots at Crew Diesel, Bristol Barton Hill, Cambridge and Euston Downside.

It was taken over by EWS English, Welsh and Scottish Railways in 1996 which later became DB Scheneker rail in 2009.

DSC01100_zpsmyg1ldqi.gif

DSC01096_zpseint2o35.gif

DSC01111_zpsyfsqjv5v.gif

DSC01115_zpsrk3uzisr.gif

DSC01117_zpsfn3lqmd7.gif

DSC01121_zpseztsrilf.gif

DSC01132_zpslzsei50v.gif

DSC01134_zps8f1zhs5c.gif

DSC01140_zpstx9ol60z.gif

DSC01156_zpsq4axlzhj.gif

DSC01211_zpspcurvizu.gif

DSC01214_zpscu7uicvk.gif

DSC01224_zpsl2a7brv4.gif

LOL

DSC01240_zpsbpq4le0i.gif

DSC01244_zpsixvztqto.gif

DSC01275_zpshdmra8q3.gif

kevin arnold

28DL Member
Regular User
nice report, i like it a lot! they've cut the plants. as others said, i haven't seen anything from here in a while. i remember some rumours of PIRs inside and cops turning up very fast, good to see it's still doable. it's a cool location.

Ordnance

It has always intrigued me that this site has survived for so long in central London, and wondered if Network Rail had some ulterior motive, such as future modernisation of the line.

Now if I have my locations right, HS2 may see the demolition of the Downside Carriage Shed as the track alignment runs through the middle of the site on its’ final approach to Euston?

And could be why the site has seen some TLC of late re the cutting back of vegetation etc., so the site could be surveyed!

That is, if it ever gets built!
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukn...g-as-Euston-terminus-plan-grinds-to-halt.html

euston.jpg

Click on map for enlarged detail

Last edited:

Paradox

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Some really interesting pics there Mrwhite, proper lovely explore by the looks of it :thumb