real time web analytics
Report - - Event Horizon - April 2011. | UK Draining Forum | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Event Horizon - April 2011.

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Ojay

Admin
Staff member
Admin

Event Horizon

1.jpg

Situated near Ravenstone Brow & Dovestones reservoir is this 10ft tunnel, constructed to bypass water from the Greenfield Brook and the reservoir from Holme Clough via into the nearby Dovestones reservoir

Constructed from dressed stone & brick, the tunnel was rockblasted through the mountain at a length of 1.2 miles (approx)

Possibly the highest culvert in the UK at over 1000ft above sea level, it certainly is an effort to reach it's Infall/Outfall!

The last time I paid this place a visit was when I was in my teens, walking through the tunnel and dicking around the nearby reservoir was something we did during the summer holiday's

Fast forward nearly 25 years and myself and one half of The_Collective went for a mooch, having been reminded of the place when Stepping Lightly showed me his attempt to ride a dinghy down the huge water shoot at the Outfall a couple of summers back... (I'll try and dig out the video linky) :D

Despite the lack of rain there was still a reasonable flow, and wet feet ensued as we struggled to get a grip down the slippery stonework...

Outfall

2.jpg

Don't walk through the tunnel....Pfft

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

Once out we found we were caught up in the middle of a major Police/Mountain Rescue incident :D

7.jpg

Who has read this thread (Total: 6) View details