real time web analytics
Question - - evocative wasteland or quarry around Manchester? | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Question - evocative wasteland or quarry around Manchester?

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Old Trout

28DL Member
28DL Member
Hi everyone, I've just joined, looking forward to some urban exploration although as I'm claustrophobic underground tunnel stuff might be out!
In the meantime, I'm wondering if any of you have suggestions as to photogenic industrial sites,wasteland, quarries, scrapyard-type places in Manchester area/Northwest for an art project,. I am looking for somewhere to take some dramatic images of some 5 foot high glass and steel lily sculptures - they look ethereal and other-wordly and have rusted stems, so I want to make it look as if something inorganic is actually growing out of an unkempt, unseen place. Any ideas?

BrainL

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Not sure of the top of my head sorry.. theres a search function on this forum so should be able to find a good few sites in Manchester to have a flick through..

Good luck :)

Old Trout

28DL Member
28DL Member
Thanks for the quick reply..I foresee a long and pleasant evening ahead trawling through the site!! Just found Daresbury Hall... is this still derelict/accessible do you know?

dweeb

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Fill your boots with that place... There is better around your area though!

BrainL

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Yeah there are much better places about but sure it will still be accessible if you do fancy it

Lavino

28DL Full Member
Watch you don't get shot it's used for airsoft or at least it was .