real time web analytics
Report - - Facit Stone Mine - Haslingden - November 2014 | Mines and Quarries | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Facit Stone Mine - Haslingden - November 2014

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

wellingtonian

Subterráneo
Regular User
Really interesting that. Liking your mapping too. Could prove proper useful as it evolves (providing you go back of course). Thanks for sharing.

3domfighter

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
It's not in Haslingden it's in Facit the stone is all called Haslingden Flag Stone upper and lower grade. Its a cracking mine been in myself very low at first but deeper in it's massive very easy to get lost.

I'd say in the area Scout mines are miles larger around 20+ miles of tunnels and taller but are very unstable.

Last edited:

The Lone Ranger

Safety is paramount!
Staff member
It's not in Haslingden it's in Facit the stone is all called Haslingden Flag Stone upper and lower grade. Its a cracking mine been in myself very low at first but deeper in it's massive very easy to get lost.

Cheers, that's me not double checking, should have been Whitworth. It's called Facit and probably is in that Parish, although the nearest Village is Millgate. There's a fair few mines in your area, hopefully find my way into them at some point.

FaZy_UK

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Very nice report, always nice to see different mines on here.

That map does look insane. Liking the sound of an abandoned crane too.

AdamG

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Epic report looks really interesting. I've noticed pieces of string dangling from wooden wedges stuck in the ceiling of mines ive visited with a stone tied to the end of it. Any idea what this is? Maybe just kids messing about?

The Lone Ranger

Safety is paramount!
Staff member
It's a pleasant stroll :thumb

Most bits of string are from intrepid explorers who dare to go as far as the string will reach, they then leave their crap on the floor of the mines. Fair sections of string in Facit are no longer visible due to the rubble from roof collapses covering them :D

Bolts

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
It's a pleasant stroll :thumb

Most bits of string are from intrepid explorers who dare to go as far as the string will reach, they then leave their crap on the floor of the mines. Fair sections of string in Facit are no longer visible due to the rubble from roof collapses covering them :D
Including the string that leads to the crane and intact tracks!

DaveFM

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Yes this place does look a bit like Cults mine, both have very messy boulder strewn passages in many areas, these old sprawling stone mines should never be taken lightly, they can really disorientate you quickly if you lose your bearings in an unmarked section and its not a fun experience desperately trying to get back to a point you recognise while having no clear idea where you're going.