real time web analytics
Report - - Factory, 6 Stone Lane, Sheffield, S13 7BR - June 2011 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Factory, 6 Stone Lane, Sheffield, S13 7BR - June 2011

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Another_Dave

28DL Member
28DL Member
Hello and welcome to Another_Dave's first report! :D

After watching from the sidelines for many months me and my team mate embarked on a mission, a mission to lose our exploration virginity!

The time had come to man up and go where many others had gone / been / already done before.

THE SITE:
A disused factory situated in the southern area of Sheffield located towards the end of Stone Lane.

THE HISTORY:
NONE, I cannot seem to locate any history of what this place used to be, I have had a peek on ye' ole' titernet and can old find what could possibly have been the company name 'Rain-Bow Tools' / 'Rain-Bow Plastics' so it has been some sort of production facility at some stage in its life before what can only be described as its death.

THE LOCATION
Easy, the post code is in the title and if you google it will see its down a narrow access road used mainly by foot / pushbike.

THE ISSUES / CAUTIONS

MOD EDIT - no details of access please

Report:

Once the site is in view you are greeted with what looks like quite a new perimeter fence, the access handle is deadlocked with bolts so without appropriate tools you wont open the gate!

DSC00819.jpg

Popping the camera through the gate you can see the factory hiding behind the trees.

DSC00820.jpg

Upon gaining access at the rear you can notice the entrance door to the factory ajar and the extension on its last leg to be polite.

DSC00822.jpg

A close up of the extension part of the building shows it has falled down, probably with some assistance from local helpers :eek:

DSC00825.jpg

Inside is mostly derelict, there is evidence of a big fire in the past.

DSC00824.jpg

DSC00827.jpg

DSC00828.jpg

Some randomness from outside. Strange 'bendy' railings?

DSC00826.jpg

DSC00818.jpg

I dont want to flood this with pics so last but not least the last shot before we left

DSC00823.jpg

:Not Worthy Thankyou for reading, I do hope you find this an acceptable first report. :Not Worthy

Comments and Feedback much appreciated, cheers.

:popcorn

Who has read this thread (Total: 3) View details