real time web analytics
Fairly popular youtuber gaining access to secured sites | General Exploring Chat Forum | Page 4 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Fairly popular youtuber gaining access to secured sites

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

mookster

grumpy sod
Regular User
Out of interest how do you know this?

Because the incident was posted about by a local in a group I'm in on Facebook, and one of the members had a friend who was part of the RNLI rescue team dispatched to deal with the idiots.

Although apparently it may not have been Secret Vault but another selection of goons who'd travelled from Manchester depending who you read and what you believe.

Goontuber

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Because the incident was posted about by a local in a group I'm in on Facebook, and one of the members had a friend who was part of the RNLI rescue team dispatched to deal with the idiots.

Although apparently it may not have been Secret Vault but another selection of goons who'd travelled from Manchester depending who you read and what you believe.
Cheers Mookster

FunctionDisruption

Fly
28DL Full Member
I think there's a problem with most Youtubers who create urbex videos because it's a lot less about exploring and making memories and more about having the views of people who want to see a chase of security vs explorer. It's kind of dumbed it down to a degree where it can be considered 'horseplay with the boys' which undermines and offends people who have been doing this practically their entire lives, for photography, in depth documentation, and genuine rediscovery of forgotten history.

But I consider the best judgment is one on creator, not platform. For example, Shiey appears to be extremely well versed in what he does, remaining modest and calm throughout the entire thing. He never resorts to ads or subscription pleading, and is overall a secretive, very well talented man who wants to see the world and create music as he goes.

Does Shiey himself excuse Youtube hatred? No. But is he an example of why it probably should be? I reckon so. But an opinion is just an opinion, and this is mine.

Jack430T

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Absolutely, there are plenty of people out there that create genuinely well thought out content, especially those throughout Europe and other parts of the world. However in recent years thats been overshadowed by this need to jump on this 'exploring bandwagon'. As you've said it majorly undermines skilled photographers and can often lead to them being shoved into the same box as eveyone else.

The social media pages are also not helping. It's become a free for all to share to anyone. Once it gains a little traction its usually hard to stop the tour bus filling up with more fuel.

I think many of us have been banging our heads against brick walls for quite some time over it.

Who has read this thread (Total: 516) View details