real time web analytics
Report - - Fairmile, Berkshire - 2009 | Asylums and Hospitals | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Fairmile, Berkshire - 2009

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

kingrat

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Been looking at all these old reports hoping for some uplifting memories. All I've done is made myself feel like an aged has been :)
This was a good trip, wish I could remember the name of the guy I went with, nice guy, I went to Pyestock with him as well.
Anyway, we had to wait for secca to do their shift change and also dodge a few cameras, all very 'hollywood' :D

Pics in no particular order

Fairmile (1) (Medium).jpg

Fairmile (4) (Medium).jpg

Fairmile (6) (Medium).jpg

Fairmile (8) (Medium).jpg

Fairmile (9) (Medium).jpg

Fairmile (10) (Medium).jpg

Fairmile (15) (Medium).jpg

Fairmile (17) (Medium).jpg

Fairmile (18) (Medium).jpg

Fairmile (21) (Medium).jpg

Fairmile (22) (Medium).jpg

Fairmile (23) (Medium).jpg

Fairmile (24) (Medium).jpg

Fairmile (25) (Medium).jpg

Fairmile (Medium).jpg

Winchester

Nicht Normal
28DL Full Member
Great pics, there was something about Fairmile where as a recent closure it was part modern, but as a result of its age, still very Victorian - there were things like scratch marks on varnished wooden doors that were probably original, traditional fittings, and an original layout including C.H Howell's design for a ward for epileptics that he also used at Cane Hill (a big ward with a row of rooms at one end)

mookster

grumpy sod
Regular User
Nice one, you made the distinctly average place (in comparison to other asylums!) look really beautiful.

Calamity Jane

i see beauty in the unloved, places & things
Regular User
Nice throw back. Like that opening shot. These shots do make the place look nice. Id like to see early Pyestock shots if you have them.:thumb

kingrat

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Nice throw back. Like that opening shot. These shots do make the place look nice. Id like to see early Pyestock shots if you have them.:thumb

I have a raft of those. They're f'king horrific though :(
Yup, just looked, they'll need re editing before they see the light of day.