real time web analytics
Information - - Fake Petzl | Kit / Clothing / Equipment | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Information - Fake Petzl

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

urbanity

28dl flâneur
28DL Full Member
A warning to VDub and other Petzl users... :D

http://petzl.com/en/outdoor/news-1/...page&utm_campaign=chinese-copy&utm_content=en

This is essentially what they're saying...

Real Petzl:
petzl.jpg

Fake Petzl
View attachment 283635

Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be any way of spotting fake Petzls though cheap EBay deals maybe aren't the best option right now.

SparkUK

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Yeah that's pretty crazy.....

So's the fake climbing gear, is there nothing they're not faking now? I've been bitten with some fake filters and the like but you can put up with that. Someone got busted in Manchester last year with fake camer bags.... ok fair enough... but they also had fake Nikon and Canon lenses!!

d86

ian beal's twin brother..
28DL Full Member
i still think my led lenser p7 is a fake....all the instructions were in dutch....

but fake climbing gear is a real issue....i wont die if the tourch fails.....!!!!!

t...:(

diehardlove

1 of them cnuts off 28dsl
28DL Full Member
i still think my led lenser p7 is a fake....all the instructions were in dutch....

but fake climbing gear is a real issue....i wont die if the tourch fails.....!!!!!

t...:(

Doubtful mate as they sell p7s in different countries with different languages and they are cheaper to buy else where in the world so people buy in bulk and import them unofficially.
Bastard about the petzl stuff being fake wonder if you can just go to a stockist and get them to scan the barcodes that are on the new stuff as it includes production date factory etc.

canute

货车司机和国王
28DL Full Member
its a con - you have used two pics of the fake petzl :mad:

I think that's right - neither of them seems to have a face :confused

I've read on another thread that you can upgrade them with a new bulb and batteries so perhaps that's what should be done to avoid scaring mothers with young children

tommo

shire lad born & breeding
28DL Full Member
hey u can always tell an original petzl by the aroma......... ;)

its a shame though it will only knock the petzl name having cheap stuff being sold off as the good stuff :banghead

diehardlove

1 of them cnuts off 28dsl
28DL Full Member
Yeah true,Im shitting myself about all my stuff as most of it was cheap and ive got the complete 4 but my new lot was bought early 2010 so hoping its before all this happened,
Anyone wanna do some srt try my kit out lol

Who has read this thread (Total: 4) View details