real time web analytics
Report - - Farleigh Down Sidings, Wiltshire | Mines and Quarries | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Farleigh Down Sidings, Wiltshire

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Adders

living in a cold world
Regular User
Visited today with Bubblehead and God. Thanks to both for driving, and the invitation.

There's an awesome website here on subbrit (Monkton Farleigh Ammunition Depot Farleigh Down Tunnel – Subterranea Britannica) regarding the site and its' history, as I know the place has been documented many times.

Alot of the top side buildings and platforms appear to have been demolished, and it's utterly trashed inside. Partly because of illegal raves and gypsy's apparently, although I don't think they mixed. :p

The tunnel is LONG, and you don't realise the incline too much until you get to the end and look back. There's some great graffiti dating back to WW2, and although most sections of the conveyor have been destroyed a remarkable amount sits relatively untouched.

The photos;

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

Oxygen Thief

Admin
Staff member
Admin
Like pauln said, very nicely lit, what's your secret to getting the depth without burning the foreground out?

Adders

living in a cold world
Regular User
Selective torch light mainly, as it's not too wide down there, and the walls are a light colour they kind of act as reflectors, so whilst shining the torch down the far end of the tunnel the glow helps illuminate the foreground, but not too much. Then highlighting the foreground in short bursts making sure to change angle to avoid shadows.

Plus I shoot RAW which gives me a bit more freedom in post production.

Although in a couple of shots you can just make out one of my accomplices at the far end lighting their own shot. Light snipe. :p

Who has read this thread (Total: 3) View details