real time web analytics
Report - - FARLEIGH DOWN TUNNEL IN WILTSHIRE | Underground Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - FARLEIGH DOWN TUNNEL IN WILTSHIRE

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Penny Davis

28DL Member
28DL Member
Monkton Farleigh Down old ammunition tunnel in Wiltshire, This location has been done to death but I guess I could add my own experience of it.

Had a long drive there and bumped into some builders just before the convenient parking area (quite a lot of broken glass though), I was worried they were going to kick us out but after a little chat they were actually useful and opened up about a pill box just behind it we could check out as well. They warned us they had to leave and lock the gate after them in about 2 hours so we were on a bit of a time limit.

0.jpg

Inside there are multiple rooms full of graffiti and rubbish, but there are still some stripped machinery and tracks that run deeper. Following the tracks, the tunnel keeps going for a long time, about 20 minutes down this tunnel and I caught my leg on a rusty nail and was conscious about the 2 hour time limit so we headed back before the end of the tunnel (which from looking at other reports is meant to me bricked up anyway).

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.JPG
5.jpg
6.JPG

Upcoming posts will have better camera quality I promise haha

Lord Oort

Fear is the little death
Regular User
No. FDT is completely wide open. The bit behind the breezeblock wall in the chamber at the far end of the tunnel is though.

Who has read this thread (Total: 221) View details