real time web analytics
Report - - Fearn ROC Post, Ross and Cromarty Group | ROC Posts | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Fearn ROC Post, Ross and Cromarty Group

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

B

bryag

I visited this alone about 4 weeks ago. Post is internally combusted, and I was really not comfortable being inside that one alone, especially after what had obviously happened to the post. The externals are pretty good. This was a master post, as indicated by the dome on the vent shaft, as well as the line of telegraph posts leading to it.

I apologise in advance for the quality of the internal pics, but there really was nothing to see (also the complete blackness inside offered no reflective lighting). I really should have used flash (as opposed to Glitto:p)

Beautiful day for it though
Fearn01Medium.jpg

Fearn02Medium.jpg

Fearn03Medium.jpg

Fearn04Medium.jpg

The external structures are amongst the most intact I have seen. The covers on the vent shaft are steel as opposed to the usual wood louvres
Fearn05Medium.jpg

Fearn07Medium.jpg

Close up of dome
Fearn08Medium.jpg

Fearn09Medium.jpg

Fearn10Medium.jpg

I was pretty excited at this point, the hatch- despite the damage- opened smoothly and sweetly. What disappointment lay before me as I neared the bottom of the ladder
Fearn11Medium.jpg

Remains of the dustpan amongst other things
Fearn12Medium.jpg

The charred remains of the BT junction box on the remains of the table (No teletalk or Glitto in sight)
Fearn13Medium.jpg

And wasn't this a welcome sight?
Fearn14Medium.jpg

I wasn't even going to bother posting this, as I felt it was a failure of an explore. Now I have had time to reflect, it still needs to be documented. Probably about time they fill this one in!:(

B

bryag

Re: Fearn ROC Post, Ross and Cromarty Group , REPORT

Second Visit

...Look around in the grass and you find three or four concrete guying points.

This I did. Here is one of three I found today
DSC02668Medium.jpg

.....Could this be the remains of the teletalk?
My apologies Rob, you were quite correct although I would never have known it was one had you not pointed it out. As luck would have it, further investigation turned up the top half in reasonable nick under some rubbish on the toilet floor
DSC02680Medium.jpg

DSC02685Medium.jpg

Also found this device in some ashes. Something to do with the radio perhaps?
DSC02688Medium.jpg

DSC02687Medium.jpg

DSC02692Medium.jpg

A few more interior shots
DSC02698Medium.jpg

DSC02699Medium.jpg

DSC02700Medium.jpg

Toilet
DSC02696Medium.jpg

Finally the remains of the pre-cast concrete Orlit situated just outside the compound.
DSC02674Medium.jpg

I am amazed at how much I missed on my first visit, but I really think I uncovered anything of interest this time. Actually, most of the fire damage is cosmetic, and if someone was so inclined, this post could very easily be restored. It is bone dry as well:thumb