Web
Analytics
Offered - - Fenix UC35 (1000 lumen, 18650 with USB Port) | Items for Sale / Items Wanted | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Offered - Fenix UC35 (1000 lumen, 18650 with USB Port)

Jimmyjim

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
After selling my Fenix UC35. Extremely good flashlight.

I have a few others and this one doesn't get used.

Has 5 brightness modes, Cree XML2 U2 LED, 18650 battery inside with built in USB recharging.

This thing is small and bright and makes LED Lensers look like rubbish (and they are decent lights).

It's absolutely immaculate, fully boxed as new.

Offers. I think it's around £75-80 new.
Send me some offers.

The Kwan

Easily Led
Regular User
£75 sovs for a small torch with a strobe mode is a bit rubbish really, giving your mates an epileptic or stroboscopic fit whilst just trying to access a basic user mode is pretty poor in reallity when Lenser who you say are rubbish can do it at half the price.
Both decent torches but give me the lenser any day...customer service and build qualiity...Lenser FTW.

Jimmyjim

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
£75 sovs for a small torch with a strobe mode is a bit rubbish really, giving your mates an epileptic or stroboscopic fit whilst just trying to access a basic user mode is pretty poor in reallity when Lenser who you say are rubbish can do it at half the price.
Both decent torches but give me the lenser any day...customer service and build qualiity...Lenser FTW.
Well it's much much brighter and more compact, longer battery life, better waterproof rating, 5 year warrenty, 18650 constant output (led lensers dim when the battery voltage starts to drop), higher quality anodising, built in recharging, forward clicky mechanical switch, doesn't need the gimmicky zoom feature as it throws and floods in the same beam pattern, proper glass lens with an aluminium reflector.

It's a really great light and LED Lensers are considered low end lights for the money.

Lenston

Bajo Tierra
Regular User
As already mentioned i would go with Lenser, whatever the lumens they are bulletproof, pros and cons each way i guess.

Last edited:

Jimmyjim

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
As aready mentioned i would go with Lenser, whatever the lumens they are bulletproof, pros and cons each way i guess.
Fair enough. I guess i'll try sell elsewhere.

It's really weird because on flashlight forums I frequent LED Lensers are pretty much a laughing stock, same with maglite.

They are built well but that's really the only positive over other lights. They're not waterproof and are pretty far behind in battery, LED, Driver tech. I gave my LED lenser to my brother for work and he loves it. They're nice lights but there's definitely better out there.

Lenston

Bajo Tierra
Regular User
Guess it all depends what your after, if you want a basic exploring torch Lenser fit the bill. If your serious about torches you look elsewhere ofcourse as Lenser and Maglite have fallen well behind in torch technology, but lensers are cheap compared to the newer torches these days.

The Kwan

Easily Led
Regular User
I think that Lenser are considered staple for explorers, cetainly when I meet folk underground and conversation inevitably turns to torches as it always does, Lensers are generally the norm, Lensers and Chinese crees..price and build quality they win hands down.
Just my experience.

Jimmyjim

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Guess it all depends what your after, if you want a basic exploring torch Lenser fit the bill. If your serious about torches you look elsewhere ofcourse as Lenser and Maglite have fallen well behind in torch technology, but lensers are cheap compared to the newer torches these days.
I wont dispute that and LED Lensers are ok in there pric
I think that Lenser are considered staple for explorers, cetainly when I meet folk underground and conversation inevitably turns to torches as it always does, Lensers are generally the norm, Lensers and Chinese crees..price and build quality they win hands down.
Just my experience.
LED Lenser Vs Fenix is one thing but them Chinese Cree lights are an abomination. I have a few and they're soo bad. If you're going to trust a light please don't make it one of them. Unless you carry a bagful.

The Kwan

Easily Led
Regular User
I have had had a chinese cree working for at least 4 years in all kinds of crap and even under water and is still working now, I always have it with me as a spare these days because I trust it, with a decent battery I have confidence in it.
Expensive aint always best.

Sorry to crap on your thread man but rubbishing Lensers aint the best way to sell your Fenix.

Jimmyjim

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I never said lenser were rubbish just that this is better.

I like lenser lights.

I don't appreciate you commenting if you don't really have any intention to buy just because you're a fan of lensers and you're trying to say something you bought is better.

The Kwan

Easily Led
Regular User
I dont own a lenser but I know lots of people with them and they do seem to be the torch of preference for explorers, and you are right I have proper crapped your sales thread up..sorry about that mate...internet and red wine dont mix...what a knob.
Apologies.

Speed

Got Epic?
Staff member
At the end of the day if you're a torch geek then spend a fortune on a Fenix for the crazy spec list and bragging rights on 'torch forums'.. If your an Explorer that just wants a torch for light painting and seeing in the dark just buy a Lenser and a spare for when it gets lost (and spend the rest of the money on canz)