real time web analytics
Report - - Ferranti Technologies, Wythenshawe - Feb '14 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Ferranti Technologies, Wythenshawe - Feb '14

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Six

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
History -
"Ferranti or Ferranti International plc was a UK electrical engineering and equipment firm that operated for over a century from 1885 until it went bankrupt in 1993 (the Belgian subsidiary lives on as Ferranti Computer Systems and is now part of the Nijkerk Holding). Known primarily for defence electronics, the company was once a constituent of the FTSE 100 Index.

The firm was known for work in the area of power grid systems and defence electronics. In addition, in 1951 Ferranti began selling the first commercially available computer, the Ferranti Mark 1."

Explore -
Explored with Dweeb whilst out road trippin' . Aside from having to dodge secca on our approach we were pretty much left to our own devices once inside. Sadly this is pre wide angle lens so the pictures aren't as decent as I would have liked.

IMG_7026_zpsvaou56cr.jpg

IMG_7035_zpsnfqjjizt.jpg

IMG_7040_zpsgzhqtidw.jpg

IMG_7045_zpsy2uvmxrf.jpg

IMG_7048_zpsgfiizqkz.jpg

IMG_7057_zpswdfe8pbr.jpg

IMG_7031_zpswqejurz8.jpg

IMG_7085_zpskks7c4dl.jpg

IMG_7087_zpsjpcmj81i.jpg

IMG_7096_zpskh0jl9la.jpg

IMG_7073_zpshv6dnrf7.jpg

IMG_7070_zpsqsut36y1.jpg

IMG_7067_zps4azvshv3.jpg

pastybarm

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Like the shot of the ferns growing, nature reclaiming the place. Also the last shot with the plane is great:Not Worthy

Six

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Thanks! :) It took me about 20 goes in quick succession for the plane picture haha

BrainL

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Interesting report that.. used to live in Wythenshawe once upon a time... is this still there is it?

Six

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Interesting report that.. used to live in Wythenshawe once upon a time... is this still there is it?

I can't see anything to suggest that it isn't and certainly didn't come across anything when I was googling the history yesterday so might be worth a look still?

BrainL

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I can't see anything to suggest that it isn't and certainly didn't come across anything when I was googling the history yesterday so might be worth a look still?

Just spoke to a friend who works next door and it was demolished a month or two back.... :(

Six

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Oh no! That's pants! I'm surprised there wasn't any articles online about it :(