real time web analytics
Report - - Ferry House, Oxfordshire. April 2021 | Other Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Ferry House, Oxfordshire. April 2021

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

RXQueen

T-Rex Urbex
28DL Full Member
Visited with @Chloe Explores and Zoe.

This place is wrecked which is an absolute shame, I saw from a previous post that someone tidied up in there but it’s still open to vandalism and windows have been totally smashed out in the sun room, someone has crapped on the floor in a bathroom etc., however, the floor has had a bit removed in the “conference” room revealing a hidden swimming pool under the floor. There is a room off of the “conference“ room containing another pool that is full of things. The pantry type room has a light on and looked rather eerie.

The set out of the property has made me wonder if it was once a hotel/b&b or a care home but I can’t find anything to back this up. Wasn’t the most relaxed explore due to its location on a busy road and the fact it’s so damaged that it was high likely that it was a well known place for vandals to come to at any time.

History -

Nothing forthcoming about the house itself which is a shame but I found some information regarding the fishery business here.

Both owners passed away in 2018 and the shop had to close, the house has remained in probate ever since, it gained a good reputation within fisheries circles until it closed it's doors in 2018. They supplied the highest quality carp and ornamental fish for many of the countrys best coarse fisheries throughout the United Kingdom.

The hatchery and fishery, Lower Berryfield Fisheries, were refurbished in 2003, the hatchery and fishery having been originally established in 1952. After spending four years studying at Sparsholt College, One of the owners was working on a salmonid farm whilst producing coarse fish in his spare time. He then teamed up with the other owner and they set about redeveloping the site, which today is known as Lower Berryfield Fisheries. Since 2005 the site changed dramatically and now consists of hatcheries, re-circ buildings and mud ponds which are currently able to produce over 100,000 one summer fish a year.

The farm was a C.E.F.A.S registered site and the fish were regularly inspected for S.V.C (Spring Virema of Carp) and KHV (Koi Herpes Virus). Strict bio-security measures were always employed on the farm with no carp ever coming onto the site.

Calamity Jane

i see beauty in the unloved, places & things
Regular User
Nice photos. Good to see some of it still tidy. That poster spend hrs cleaning up. Shame people feel the need to smash and destroy. I agree with above, this has been left far too long now, a fire will probably be inevitable

Neurox

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Nice report, shame it's so trashed now. Might head up there soon before it's trashed any more.

Bristol-Wanderer

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Popped in here today, came across another guy with I presume his missus exploring and then also 3 other guys I guess this place gets visited all day everyday.. so sad to see the state it’s in wish I did this months ago when it wasn’t so smashed up such a beautiful home gone to ruin makes me sad :(

Lauren1998

28DL Member
28DL Member
Popped in here today, came across another guy with I presume his missus exploring and then also 3 other guys I guess this place gets visited all day everyday.. so sad to see the state it’s in wish I did this months ago when it wasn’t so smashed up such a beautiful home gone to ruin makes me sad :(

that was us! Such a shame to see how ruined the place has become.

Who has read this thread (Total: 258) View details