real time web analytics
Report (Permission Visit) - Ferrybridge Power Station - September 2015 | Industrial Sites | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report (Permission Visit) Ferrybridge Power Station - September 2015

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

camoe

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
WOW, like big time wow...
Im never a fan of Permission visits, but this on the other hand is awesome!

Dudman

I'm not lost until I give up finding my way...
28DL Full Member
Speechless is an understatement...

Fairly new to all this biz but it doesn't take a rocket science to know when you've hit the jackpot.

Very lucky indeed!!

myke

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Well I luv this cracking report. Never expected the cooling tower climb. Another wow from me

lonsdale

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
We went round on the official guided tours back in the 1990's with our engineering college. nothing prepares you for the size & the sensory overload of the place & machinery.
Walking under the outfeed wires was fun... didn't want to hang about lets just say...

Esoteric Eric

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Anyone know the situation here now?

Is it closed for good or is part of the power station still open?

The 'C' station was closed/ decommissioned in March/ April 2016. Demolition was reported to have begun in April this year and is expected to be completed by 2021. Ferrybridge Multifuel 1 became operational in 2015 on the same site and is covered under Criminal Trespass law due to potential terrorist threat etc. The 'C' site has been declassified from Criminal Trespass but the security are still required to attempt to hold you while they wait for the police. The site has been extensively covered from closure but not posted due to obvious reasons.

West Leeds Riviera

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Really interesting, wish I could have gone but unfortunately they are demolishing 5 of the cooling towers on 28 July

Who has read this thread (Total: 140) View details