real time web analytics
Report - - Festival Club - Ibiza - September 2022 | European and International Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Festival Club - Ibiza - September 2022

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

zombizza

Sore Knee
Regular User
Another of Ibiza’s long lost 1970’s super-clubs, Festival Club originally opened in 1972. The large complex included a restaurant, amphitheatre and several dance floors and played to host music concerts, mock bullfighting, performance entertainment and more. Along with Glory’s, it pioneered the concept of a large, multipurpose discotheque on Ibiza. In the days when bus tours were at their height, coach-loads of international tourist clientele would descend on the venue for endless nights of wining, dining and dancing.

Sadly by 1974 with mounting debts from a poor previous season combining with it never obtaining the requisite planning permissions, the club was forced to close. It always planned to re-open but sadly never quite managed it and so, its 36 years of abandonment became the scene of clandestine raves in the 1980’s and early 1990’s. The forces of nature then took hold and turned it into the dystopian style playground it is today - a graffiti artist’s paradise and one of the White Isle’s most unique structures.

Nothing spectacular. Pickings were slim on this island, but it scratched the itch a bit anyway.
Most exciting thing was having the police throw a stinger trap out on the motorway for the car behind me just after I left. Honestly, as i saw the officers swinging the stinger ready to throw as I was approaching, I had an absurd thought I was getting done for going into the abandoned site haha!

Ibiza Festival Club-1.JPG

Ibiza Festival Club-2.JPG

Ibiza Festival Club-3.JPG

Ibiza Festival Club-6.JPG

Ibiza Festival Club-9.JPG

Ibiza Festival Club-12.JPG

Ibiza Festival Club-13.JPG

Ibiza Festival Club-15.JPG

Ibiza Festival Club-16.JPG

Ibiza Festival Club-18.JPG

Ibiza Festival Club-20.JPG

Ibiza Festival Club-29.JPG

Ibiza Festival Club-31.JPG

Ibiza Festival Club-33.JPG

Ibiza Festival Club-39.JPG

Ibiza Festival Club-41.JPG

Ibiza Festival Club-51.JPG

Ibiza Festival Club-56.JPG

Ibiza Festival Club-58.JPG

Ibiza Festival Club-61.JPG

Ibiza Festival Club-71.JPG

Ibiza Festival Club-72.JPG

Ibiza Festival Club-73.JPG

Ibiza Festival Club-75.JPG

Fido Dido's Cousin

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Poor 'ol Mk2 Fiesta.
I like the aerial shot with the different rows going downwards where each wall is spray painted, looks cool.

Wally_urbex

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
That's pretty decent that. Sounds like u was pretty close to getting banged up abroad getting caught up in that stinger operation :eek: