real time web analytics
Report - - Fighter Command's 12 Group HQ. Nov 2010 | Military Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Fighter Command's 12 Group HQ. Nov 2010

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

VDUB

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Fighter Command's HQ. Nottingham. Nov 2010

This is a first explore for on here i belive.

myself and Dubkorps have today been allowed to have a explore around this WW2 RAF control and administration centre for Fighter Command's 12 Group.

there's far to much info to copy/paste about this site so i'll throw you a couple of links.

http://youandyesterday.com/articles/Cold_War_years_at_RAF_Watnall

Watnall Fighter Command 12 Group Filter Room – Subterranea Britannica

at first we both thought that this place wouldn't be so big as there are only a few photos of it, but once we got in and started hunting around it turns out its a pretty big unit.

the light levels are pitch black and same again my compact isn't the greatest in low light, but i gave it a shot and so did DK so here you go,

this are from my camera and DubKorps will upload his later today.

quite hidden,
DSC00886.jpg

entry point, very hard to get in without a key.
DSC00882.jpg

sorry about the quality, this is the main gallery.
DSC00854.jpg

DSC00815.jpg

DSC00865.jpg

at some stage this bunker was used by a shooting club.
DSC00851.jpg

DSC00850.jpg

DSC00804.jpg

DSC00844.jpg

these are leading down to the air filtration units.
DSC00813.jpg

DSC00821.jpg

DSC00797.jpg

DSC00834.jpg

DSC00833.jpg

finally just a few random bits and some impressive mould!
DSC00807.jpg

DSC00805.jpg

DSC00860.jpg

DSC00863.jpg

looks like its been snowing.
DSC00841.jpg

DSC00803.jpg

so there you go, we'll possibly be the last people to have a common interest as the bunker in this condition as of now, but this bunker is going to be well looked after ;) i cant tell you how, but in the future we will be going back in to get some more photos.

thanks for looking.

Last edited:

SoutheasternExplorer

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Sorry to resurrect a 10 year old post, but I've just seen a documentary uploaded to youtube about someone converting this bunker into a B&B. The video was filmed in 2014, and since then nothing has appeared online about the bunker, it looks as though the conversion was never finished. Does anyone have a more recent update on this place?