real time web analytics
Filming issue (audio) | Photography and Video Forum | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Filming issue (audio)

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Beck

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hey guys! hope you're all having a good week.

So my main problem is that I've just started exploring and I'd like to be able to record my adventures for family and friends but the audio quality of my cameras built in microphone sucks!! The camera itself isn't bad it films in 720p 30fps 6:9 even though it is a fairly old one. The camera is a 2006 LEICA D-LUX 2 that I've had for quite a while now but I've only really used it for pictures so audio hasn't really been a problem anyway I was wondering if anyone here has a simple and cheap solution that doesn't require buying a new camera. My first thought was maybe buying a wireless mic and an audio recording device but after doing some research I found out that it may be a little bit more difficult than that, any input is welcomed!
Beck.

sidibear

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Rodes condenser mic and dead cat will set you back around £60 and will make a huge difference.

Beck

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Thanks for your input guys! I'll see what I can do about getting both a cheap gopro and a Rode Condenser mic :)

SatoshiAaron

28DL Member
28DL Member
You can't go wrong with a GoPro. I used to use a DSLR with my adventures but it became a hastle both carrying it around and focusing it. GoPros catch a lot of things that you do in your periforal vision meaning you don't miss out on good bits, it stays focused automatically on all objects, it is small and doesn't get in the way or become inconvenient and the audio isn't all that bad either. The quality can be good but I keep mine to around 720 to save space and the files aren't that large either. If you do get one, get a Skeleton case so the audio isn't muffled and a chest mount for best angle and better sound without too much shacking sound. The camera also stays stable on the chest so things like walking shake is somewhat absorbed. While Hero 3 is still not that old it can be quite cheap from eBay used. I got mine in brilliant condition with a water proof housing at around £160. Batteries last long and are also cheap selling new from places like Currys for £15.

Lavino

28DL Full Member
Argos usually do a good deal on GoPro if you wait until Black Friday.

Who has read this thread (Total: 4) View details