real time web analytics
Report - - Findacar Garage (Workshop & Offices), Castle Gresley, Derbyshire - July 2019 | Other Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Findacar Garage (Workshop & Offices), Castle Gresley, Derbyshire - July 2019

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

MotionlessMike

28DL Regular User
Regular User
I’d imagine most people on here have either heard of this place or seen it on YouTube. For some reason it seems to make the tabloids once every year on slow news days, with article headlines reading something along the lines of ‘See the GHOSTLY, ABANDONED such and such’. I have quite a soft spot for the place, since for the first 13 or so years of my life I lived on the same road a handful of doors down. The owner ever tried to sell my Dad a Cortina Estate in the early 90s.

Findacar Easilease is actually the trading name for Jetburg Ltd and the garage business seems to have been put on hold since 2002 due to some kind of family circumstances. Since then the remaining cars have slowly been sold (including the legendary green ‘Cappy Hill’ VW Beetle) leaving only three. Since none of the three cars are particularly interesting I concentrated on the building which I’d never seen inside of before.

Even though it’s been turned over by kids the place was a proper 2002 throwback and plenty to see with a workshop, stores, reception, sales room and managers’ office all packed with junk…

Front

Findacar, Castle Gresley - 3rd June (29).jpg

Workshop and stores

Findacar, Castle Gresley - 3rd June (2).jpg

Findacar, Castle Gresley - 3rd June (4).jpg

Findacar, Castle Gresley - 3rd June (7).jpg

Findacar, Castle Gresley - 3rd June (31).jpg

Findacar, Castle Gresley - 3rd June (28).jpg

Reception

Findacar, Castle Gresley - 3rd June (32).jpg

Plants need a water!

Findacar, Castle Gresley - 3rd June (22).jpg

A flick through some dated brochures?

Findacar, Castle Gresley - 3rd June (9).jpg

Findacar, Castle Gresley - 3rd June (25).jpg

Sales room

Findacar, Castle Gresley - 3rd June (12).jpg

Findacar, Castle Gresley - 3rd June (33).jpg

Findacar, Castle Gresley - 3rd June (14).jpg

2ltr Rover from the sales window

Findacar, Castle Gresley - 3rd June (13).jpg

And the Manager's Office. This room was packed with paperwork, all of which is ruined due to a massive hole in the asphalt roof

Findacar, Castle Gresley - 3rd June (37).jpg

Findacar, Castle Gresley - 3rd June (34).jpg

Findacar, Castle Gresley - 3rd June (17).jpg

A Diana and Charles wedding souvenir ashtray which had slowly filled with material from the collapsed ceiling

Findacar, Castle Gresley - 3rd June (19).jpg

Findacar, Castle Gresley - 3rd June (38).jpg

And that was about it :thumb

Thor873

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hey @MotionlessMike , It's been a long while since I've used 28DL. Anyways, just wanted to say great photographs. I'm a motoring writer and I'm actually beginning filming the restoration with one of the cars that used to be at the garage. Because of COVID, I haven't been able to get to the garage to film an introduction so I'm going to have to resort to photographs, of which I'm finding it really hard to find good ones of. Is there any chance I can use your photographs in the video if I credit you for them and leave a link to your profile & this post in the description? I might have to edit them in Lightroom just so it fits better colour wise in the video (but if you want them staying as you've posted then just say so). I really hope you can help as these are just what I'm looking for! All the best - Josh

MotionlessMike

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Hey @MotionlessMike , It's been a long while since I've used 28DL. Anyways, just wanted to say great photographs. I'm a motoring writer and I'm actually beginning filming the restoration with one of the cars that used to be at the garage. Because of COVID, I haven't been able to get to the garage to film an introduction so I'm going to have to resort to photographs, of which I'm finding it really hard to find good ones of. Is there any chance I can use your photographs in the video if I credit you for them and leave a link to your profile & this post in the description? I might have to edit them in Lightroom just so it fits better colour wise in the video (but if you want them staying as you've posted then just say so). I really hope you can help as these are just what I'm looking for! All the best - Josh

If you think you can sort the dodgy editing out on these pix then go for it mate, use whatever you like!

Which car was it out of interest?

Thor873

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
That would be brilliant thank you so much Mike! I'll let you know what car it is tomorrow as I haven't said anything on social media etc yet. Thanks again buddy!

Thor873

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
We're hoping to take the car back there once it's restored which would be nice. I've never been personally but it looks awesome.

Thor873

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Evening all, just wanted to let you know that it was the Rover that is getting restored and that we've actually had it running today! Check out my instagram @maverick_motors_ to see the pictures/ follow what's going on.

MotionlessMike

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Evening all, just wanted to let you know that it was the Rover that is getting restored and that we've actually had it running today! Check out my instagram @maverick_motors_ to see the pictures/ follow what's going on.

Thanks for getting back it, had noticed the Rover had gone a while back so nice to hear it's being looked after! Will check your ig for updates matey.

Thor873

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Here you go guys! This is the introduction video and I should have another video out either on or before Christmas:
Enjoy!

Who has read this thread (Total: 244) View details