Web
Analytics
Finding places! | General Exploring Chat Forum | 28DaysLater.co.uk
  • Welcome to 28DaysLater.co.uk - 28DL - The UK Urban Exploring / Urban Exploration / Urbex Forums.

Asylums and Hospitals, High Stuff, Industrial, Leisure Sites, Residential Sites, Military Sites, Mines and Quarries, ROC Posts, Theatres and Cinemas, Draining, Underground Sites, European and International Sites, Leads, Rumours and News, Kit, Clothing, Equipment, Photography and Video sections, plus Private & Local Groups and a lot more.

Please feel free to browse this website as a guest. However, creating an account allows you to search, post replies, start new threads, use bookmarking, live chat, messaging and notification systems. Also, it removes some ads.

Create an account | Login | Request new password

Finding places!

Bumblelady

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Apart from driving around and something catching your eye how are people finding places!
I tried the typical satellite view and it's just roofs so that don't tell me much.
I did think one house was abandoned and looked very run down and over grown. As soon as I got near the door i saw a curtain move. So myself moved just as quick!
I would love to find a place that hasn't been found by anyone else. But as a newbie I'm struggling! Tips advice criticism all welcome!

Andrew32

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
just keep trying. It is possible, it' just getting more ad more difficult as time passes. I personally look for google recents in 'permanently closed', can bring up a few gems. Search google, find places due to be demolished soon in your region. Just don't end up asking everyone 'where is this place'. They won't tell you.

Calamity Jane

i see beauty in the unloved, places & things
Regular User
I use google maps, planning applications, estate agents that sell derelicts and word of mouth, then the just drive method, history forums, underground forums, etc