Web
Analytics
Question - - First aid kit | Kit / Clothing / Equipment | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Question - First aid kit

D

DizzyDuke

Okay, so I had a quick look round, but the search button did not yield anything. :(

I was wondering what do you guys use in terms of first aid kits (if anything). I was thinking of just getting a simple kit that I could use if I gash open a leg or something, it has to be small and light weight so that I can carry it round without it getting in the way. I found quite a few on Amazon that seemed like they may be useful.

Any recommendations? I am about to go out on my first exploration next week and whilst it is nothing big I thought it best to be prepared.

These were some of the ones I was looking at:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B000MWRF5Y/ref=s9_simh_gw_p200_i1?pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=0BMGN0XHMQE4DAC3YW25&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=467128533&pf_rd_i=468294
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B000XY51UC/ref=s9_simh_gw_p200_i3?pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=0BMGN0XHMQE4DAC3YW25&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=467128533&pf_rd_i=468294

The ones aimed at motorists seem to have equipment for things like cuts and crushed wind pipes, which would be more useful I guess. :thumb

mrjonesybop

Professional Crackhead
28DL Full Member
I've done numerous First Aid at work, First Bike on Scene courses etc - so I carry a small but comprehensive kit.

It comprises of:

2 x Pairs Latex gloves
1 x Face-shield (for mouth to mouth)
4 x Alcohol wipes
1 x pair of small scissors
1 x pair tweezers
1 x small bottle of eyewash
Small bandages and safety pins
Plasters of various shapes and sizes
1 x Blister pack of Asprin

All fits into a bag smaller than a bean-tin.

linerider

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
My first aid kit consists of my leatherman and a roll of insulation tape! :thumb

wormster

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Couple of tampons and a roll of gaffer tape is all you need

Styru

Admin
Regular User
1 x Blister pack of Asprin
Blimey, welcome to the 1940's - junk them mate and carry paracetamol.

(half an aspirin is good if you are having a heart attack- but aspirin for pain control is uber old-fasioned, and can increase bleeding if you are injured)

I carry a small - but well stuffed first-aid kit - however I probably should junk it and use the space saved to carry decent food - because the item I seem to use most regularly out of my first-aid kit are the indigestion tablets :p

Styru

Admin
Regular User
Paracetamol has it's problems too - some people (like me) are allergic to it. .
Bet your not really 'allergic' to it, I've worked in Pain Management for the NHS for over 20 years, I get about 4 patients a week that believe they are - I've actually found one that truely was in all that time. :rolleyes:

What some people are allergic to are the buffering agents used in some makes of tablet - after all the tablet is about 1% drug and 99% starch, talk, guar gum, bulking agents etc.

Often just changing the make of tablet solves the problem

Last edited: