Report - Firth Brown Medical Centre, Sheffield - July 2016

• Welcome to - 28DL - The UK Urban Exploring / Urban Exploration / Urbex Forums.

Asylums and Hospitals, High Stuff, Industrial, Leisure Sites, Residential Sites, Military Sites, Mines and Quarries, ROC Posts, Theatres and Cinemas, Draining, Underground Sites, European and International Sites, Leads, Rumours and News, Kit, Clothing, Equipment, Photography and Video sections plus a lot more.

Please feel free to browse this website as a guest. Creating an account removes some ads, allows you to post replies, start new topics and threads, and gives you access to more features including bookmarking, live chat, messaging and notification systems.

Create an account | Login | Request new password

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
May 25, 2016
First report here but working through a backlog!

Firth Brown Steels was initially formed in 1902, when Sheffield steelmakers John Brown and Company exchanged shares and came to a working agreement with neighbouring company Thomas Firth & Sons. In 1908 the two companies came together and established the Brown Firth Research Laboratories and it was here, in 1912, under the leadership of Harry Brearley they developed high chrome stainless steel. The companies continued under their own management until they formally merged in 1930 becoming Firth Brown Steels. The company was amalgamated into Sheffield Forgemasters in 1982.

The explore:

Had to come back a second time for this one as went via security and got turfed out, after dismissing what I suspected to be the correct entrance.

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
May 25, 2016
Finding the cat skeleton was amusing after reading an old report saying how it stank out the entire place.
One thing I will say is don't go for the first entrance you find.. after squeezing myself in I was less than impressed to find several much easier ways!
I wasn't caught actually in the hospital but as I went around the side in attempt to access the car park.

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Mar 18, 2015
Poor cat! Very sad ending for the little thing! :( What on Earth is going on with that big pile of Earth coming through the door??

Well done on going back and getting it done though mate :)