real time web analytics
Report - - Firth Brown Medical Centre, Sheffield - July 2016 | Underground Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Firth Brown Medical Centre, Sheffield - July 2016

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

matt09

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
First report here but working through a backlog!

History:

Firth Brown Steels was initially formed in 1902, when Sheffield steelmakers John Brown and Company exchanged shares and came to a working agreement with neighbouring company Thomas Firth & Sons. In 1908 the two companies came together and established the Brown Firth Research Laboratories and it was here, in 1912, under the leadership of Harry Brearley they developed high chrome stainless steel. The companies continued under their own management until they formally merged in 1930 becoming Firth Brown Steels. The company was amalgamated into Sheffield Forgemasters in 1982.

The explore:

Had to come back a second time for this one as went via security and got turfed out, after dismissing what I suspected to be the correct entrance.

28168222076_d6fc284cdd_b.jpg

28168273856_1c58b550b8_b.jpg

28168225956_3f87969409_b.jpg

27586549793_c23ca991fc_b.jpg

28202004775_8d2ffbb96c_b.jpg

28098323012_acbfda64be_b.jpg

WildBoyz

Is this the future?
28DL Full Member
You may well be the first person to ever get caught in here by security lol. Still, nice one for going back and getting in successfully. It's a sad sight in there these days :(

matt09

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Finding the cat skeleton was amusing after reading an old report saying how it stank out the entire place.
One thing I will say is don't go for the first entrance you find.. after squeezing myself in I was less than impressed to find several much easier ways!
I wasn't caught actually in the hospital but as I went around the side in attempt to access the car park.

WildBoyz

Is this the future?
28DL Full Member
Ah, that explains how you got caught lol.

Yeah, the last time I visited that cat was fresh and juicy still - I think it had only just died.

BrainL

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Poor cat! Very sad ending for the little thing! :( What on Earth is going on with that big pile of Earth coming through the door??

Well done on going back and getting it done though mate :)

Six

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Jeez, that's a sorry state now! I really liked this place when I visited!

L1ttlejo

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I'm been working on a couple of entrences to get in this site still mastering the art of getting past security, this place intregese me so much.

Who has read this thread (Total: 257) View details