real time web analytics
Report - - Firth Vickers Steelworks Sheffield 07-2010 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Firth Vickers Steelworks Sheffield 07-2010

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

host

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Firth Vickers Steelworks Sheffield visited on a very wet summers day, firstly i want to thank Kitty for her time to show us around sheffield and i hate to say it giving us a laugh twice trying to get up the muddy banks...sorry but you got a pint out of it.I know this site has been done a lot lately but to be honest that didn't put me off its what you take away from the experience your self that matters and for me even though it is stripped bare i still loved the place and would urge those who haven't been to go before it's to late.After looking over other reports(dweeb) and google for history etc it seems that all is covered well but for those who don't now the steel works is famous for discovering stainless steel, the discovery is said to be by accident when testing how to strengthen steel. old batches were skipped, noticing the batch that had been mixed with chrome did not rust and the rest as they say is history..
vic1.jpg

vic2.jpg

vic3.jpg

vic4.jpg

vic5.jpg
vic6.jpg

vic7.jpg

vic8.jpg

vic9.jpg

vic10.jpg
vic11.jpg

vic12.jpg