real time web analytics
Report - - Five Ways Tower, Birmingham, Mid 2013 | High Stuff | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Five Ways Tower, Birmingham, Mid 2013

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

iamsilverfox

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Recently came across some old pictures i never shared from fiveways. Birmingham is pretty much my home town and this was the first place i ever really topped, so it'll always hold some significance.

I'll do some history, but im sure its well covered by now.

Pinched off wiki,

Five Ways Tower is a 23 storey commercial building on a 2.1-acre (8,500 m2) prime site located in the Birmingham City Centre by the corner of Frederick Road and Islington Road, near to the Five Ways roundabout and close to Five Ways Station, at the gateway to the Edgbaston area of Birmingham 15, England.

The building was completed in 1979.

Several hotels expressed interest in acquiring the building from its owners, since its solid concrete design could be converted into a business class hotel.

The building is vacant due to the last tenants evacuating the building due to ill health amongst the workforce. It turned out that the building suffers from Sick Building Syndrome, and being expensive to refurbish to modern standards a likely option is demolition in line with the regeneration of the surrounding area.

The building has in excess of 100,000 sqft of existing net office space, six lifts, basement storage, and a double height floor at the top. The building has a carpark for approximately 200 cars allocated to the Tower.

The photos are a little bit artsy i guess, and shot on film. Dont show a huge amount of the building (which is empty anyway), so this is probably heading for the pit :rolleyes:

7700511022_665e85d348_c.jpg

7395211776_1ec99798d2_c.jpg

7713460874_d99463de77_c.jpg

8392630291_82b45b820b_c.jpg

7769833096_a03be73203_c.jpg

8393717636_4352dd7fb1_c.jpg

8393721126_8761cbfb83_c.jpg

Thanks.​

Ojay

Admin
Staff member
Admin
Provides some decent views this one, good to see again after so long, thought it would have long been devvo'd

Gone

Regular User
nice work, big fan of the film photographs. always liked this one, I think its tightened up in recent years although I can't be 100% sure atm, anyone on here checked this year?

Thooooom

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
nice work, big fan of the film photographs. always liked this one, I think its tightened up in recent years although I can't be 100% sure atm, anyone on here checked this year?

checked very recently with iamsilverfox and its definitely all sealed up now. for a period there was on site security patrolling the main entrance that can be seen from the road, they're no longer there but the old access is definitely no longer there. had a good look around too and no signs of any other ways in.

Eight-Seven

This is not a good idea. Let's do it.
28DL Full Member
Yeah Thoooom I can second you and SilverFox there, checked it out a couple weeks back but its well and truly clamped on ground, above and below. Something tells me though that it will be accessible again sometime, its come and gone a few times over the years. Hope so anyway, some nice looking stuff here Fox it reminded me of how cool this place was to explore

iamsilverfox

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member

thanks! saw on your blog you shoot film. into cars too? the jetta looks like its at early edition? i could be wrong though :rolleyes:

Yeah Thoooom I can second you and SilverFox there, checked it out a couple weeks back but its well and truly clamped on ground, above and below. Something tells me though that it will be accessible again sometime, its come and gone a few times over the years. Hope so anyway, some nice looking stuff here Fox it reminded me of how cool this place was to explore

funny how we havnt bumped into each other. before we ever got in, we were trying/looking for 12 months i bet. then we realised we'd been walking past it each time haha. was definitely cool.