real time web analytics
Report - - Fiveways Tower, Birmingham July 2018 | High Stuff | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Fiveways Tower, Birmingham July 2018

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Urban Midlands

28DL Member
28DL Member
Hello

This site is easily one of the best we've been into. It is a 24 storey high office block in Birmingham. Getting in is always a challenge as the site is alarmed and next to many active buildings but with some acquitted climbing skills you can get in quite easily.
So we've visited the site quite a few times and it is becoming more well known now so more vandals are getting in and destroying the place which is a shame but some floors still remain untouched. The site is heavily guarded with motions senors and cameras. We've had dogs and police come to the site once before but we got out fine they weren't too pissed off with us.
The roof offers an amazing view of Birmingham and is a good spot to catch a sun rise or sun set from.
Here is some info from the Wiki,

Five Ways Tower is a 23-storey commercial building on a 2.1-acre (8,500 m2) prime site located in the Birmingham City Centre by the corner of Frederick Road and Islington Road, near to the Five Ways roundabout and close to Five Ways Station, at the gateway to the Edgbaston area of Birmingham 15, England.
The building was completed in 1979.
Several hotels expressed interest in acquiring the building from its owners, since its solid concrete design could be converted into a business class hotel.
The building is vacant due to the last tenants evacuating the building due to ill health amongst the workforce. It turned out that the building suffers from Sick Building Syndrome, and being expensive to refurbish to modern standards a likely option is demolition in line with the regeneration of the surrounding area.

Anyway here are some photos which are on our instagram (@urban_midlands) and some ones we didn't post, they aren't the best but they'll do for now
20180212125816_IMG_2687.jpg

20180212130933_IMG_2702.jpg
20180212123114_IMG_2649.jpg
20180212123352_IMG_2655.jpg
20180217140221_IMG_2782.jpg
:

IMG_0752.JPG
IMG_0754.JPG

The Lower roof ^​

20180212123003_IMG_2641.jpg

20180212130433_IMG_2697.jpg

20180212130918_IMG_2700.jpg

20180217134247_IMG_2752.jpg

IMG_0741.JPG

Thanks for reading, we'll be uploading a full video to our YouTube channel soon.
Have fun exploring!​

MyKey

28DL Member
28DL Member
I was there, but only on the car park. Couldn't find a way up.

I lost my phone on the lowest level of the car park. More or less exactly here 52.471614, -1.915831 . High reward for finding it and letting me know. Black Samsung in black rubber cover.

Urban Midlands

28DL Member
28DL Member
I was there, but only on the car park. Couldn't find a way up.

I lost my phone on the lowest level of the car park. More or less exactly here 52.471614, -1.915831 . High reward for finding it and letting me know. Black Samsung in black rubber cover.
We'll have a look next time we go down but if you've no luck then I'd contact 5 ways house who sometimes patrol the site so they might have taken it.

MyKey

28DL Member
28DL Member
We'll have a look next time we go down but if you've no luck then I'd contact 5 ways house who sometimes patrol the site so they might have taken it.

It would be nice. As I said, I can guarantee a high reward for finding it. A appreciate it. I hope see You soon. Have a good night!

Luke vaughan

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Is this location accessible and is there police and security patrols still as this is on my list but have been put off by security and police presence and the fact that I’ve been told that it’s not good to go to at the moment

brickx

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Is this location accessible and is there police and security patrols still as this is on my list but have been put off by security and police presence and the fact that I’ve been told that it’s not good to go to at the moment

Went last night, spent about 30 minutes walking around the site and either I'm completely blind or stupid we couldn't find any way in at all

Luke vaughan

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Went last night, spent about 30 minutes walking around the site and either I'm completely blind or stupid we couldn't find any way in at all
Ahh I’m gonna try this soon and I think u gotta go up the stairs in car park well one of the stairwells

brickx

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Oh it’s open tho for cars to park there

We did go there at about 2am to be fair, there was nothing open at all. The only way we could see was round the side that involved climbing up some spikes and over the spiked fence that looked very difficult to get back over.

Luke vaughan

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
We did go there at about 2am to be fair, there was nothing open at all. The only way we could see was round the side that involved climbing up some spikes and over the spiked fence that looked very difficult to get back over.
Ah fair enough I’ll try soon

Who has read this thread (Total: 259) View details