real time web analytics
Question - - Flashlights / Torches | General Exploring Chat Forum | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Question - Flashlights / Torches

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

jamiechalmerz

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
What are the best flashlights / torches? I have been looking into a fair few but I can't seem to find one that is good enough for me. I explore very big areas and tend to explore outside / military / hospitals so it needs to be decent, can anyone please help?

Grom

Camera Drowner
Regular User
I have a bunch of Torches including a Lenser M7, however my go to is a Thorfire / Convoy C8s. Its a cheapy Cree one, but its 900 Lumen and throws light much further than my Lenser. Very good for underground work.
That said, if you don't want to alert everyone of your position, an M7 or P7.2 is good enough for 95% of what you do as it dims nicely too.

My secret weapon is a CN-160 Video Light + Rechargeable batteries. It illuminates a room very well with nice even lighting.

mrg9999

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Lenser P7.2 / M7, that sort of thing. I wouldn't recommend anything else to be honest.
If you need multi colour, then the P7QC is one of the best out there for reliability and consistency. I tend to also use a cheap Chinese as a backup or if I might have to sacrifice it.

urblex

28DL Maverick
28DL Full Member
I was told to get a P3 when i started out and didn't listen/couldn't afford one at the time, best torch I had the pleasure of using was a maglite, not only did it light the place up but it doubles up as a 'baton' should you run into any trouble