Web
Analytics
Report - - Flexlands School - Surrey (April 2017) | Other Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk
  • Welcome to 28DaysLater.co.uk - 28DL - The UK Urban Exploring / Urban Exploration / Urbex Forums.

Asylums and Hospitals, High Stuff, Industrial, Leisure Sites, Residential Sites, Military Sites, Mines and Quarries, ROC Posts, Theatres and Cinemas, Draining, Underground Sites, European and International Sites, Leads, Rumours and News, Kit, Clothing, Equipment, Photography and Video sections, plus Private & Local Groups and a lot more.

Please feel free to browse this website as a guest. However, creating an account allows you to search, post replies, start new threads, use bookmarking, live chat, messaging and notification systems. Also, it removes some ads.

Create an account | Login | Request new password

Report - Flexlands School - Surrey (April 2017)

Andrew32

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Thought i'd hop on the recent bandwagon of this place.

History
Flexlands School opened in 1957 as a Girls only school, but after some significant improvement in the forms of a new gym and art centre, the school had to close for an unknown reason. Shortly afterwards, it became a Montessori, but that finally closed in 2004 to merge with the private school at Valley End, leaving the place abandoned.

My visit
No idea why a static caravan is sitting there, probably gypsies at it again.

Unfortunately on my visit, either i'm quite stupid or i couldn't find an entrance to the gym. This is strange as the main school building has a large window board taken out, and yet that hasn't been fixed up.

As usual, apologies for the iPhone photo's, my camera is in for repairs, and i'm not exactly a photographer.

After finding an old photo online, thought i'd do a comparison to today
pjimage_zpsfuxiyylw.jpg

IMG_0804_zpswljg5tp7.jpg

IMG_0799_zpskhnabgdw.jpg

IMG_0797_zpsjq18tjzp.jpg

The Gym section, from which i couldn't get in
IMG_0796_zpsaweru010.jpg

The 'U' addition to the original school building
IMG_0795_zpsxnicme11.jpg

The rear of the main school building
IMG_0794_zpsirlrpsb2.jpg

IMG_2498_zpsjkzekkpc.jpg

The static caravan, trashed beyond repair
IMG_2499_zpsh6611voo.jpg

Inside the school building
IMG_2503_zps09ziri5e.jpg

IMG_2507_zpsubrjisv7.jpg

IMG_2508_zpsvcv8mm6o.jpg

IMG_2510_zpsz3e7lxyg.jpg

IMG_2511_zpsjcssw0dn.jpg

The main staircase, sadly missing a banister
IMG_2515_zpst0kiiopj.jpg

IMG_2520_zpsj0k7awsu.jpg

IMG_0787_zpspbhoyldf.jpg

The original artwork of the school still showing
IMG_0788_zpsqpe6ohgb.jpg

all my photos are available to see here:
http://s350.photobucket.com/user/Andrew3236/library/Flexlands School?sort=3&page=1