real time web analytics
Report - - Flockton Lane End and Lepton Edge Collieries, West Riding, Yorks, June 2021 | Mines and Quarries | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Flockton Lane End and Lepton Edge Collieries, West Riding, Yorks, June 2021

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

HughieD

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Thanks for getting back to me so quickly. My email is [email protected]
I hate to ask but I would appreciate the other pics in that report as well. We have a derelict pumping house on our route so would be nice to show them an example of what they would have looked like, size etc.
Once again thanks
Peter
If you go to my Flickr page by clicking on the photos you should be able to download them Peter...

jensun

28DL Member
28DL Member
Hi! Lepton Edge Colliery was at one time owned by W & J Cardwell as you mention at the beginning of your excellent report. Is there any way I can find out more about this company, particularly when it started and how long it existed for? I live in Sweden and can't really travel to the UK right now, but if you can recommend a book or a website with any useful information I would be so grateful. Thanks!

Webbs0710

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
The shafts are presumably there below the capping but probably flooded long before reaching the actual mine workings.
Lepton wasn't flooded on my visit! Didn't sound like it from the stone we dropped down there anyways

20221008_122725.JPG

Who has read this thread (Total: 229) View details