real time web analytics
Report - - Flood brook Culvert(Runcorn, Cheshire) | UK Draining Forum | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Flood brook Culvert(Runcorn, Cheshire)

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

MG89Photography

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
So this is my first report on the site... please be kind
The inspiration from this adventure came from a few posts I seen on this site from years back.
So I'm sat at home scrolling through anything I can find in my local area and bingo! Flood brook culvert, very local, a small explore, ideal for a quick walk and a couple of hours in the afternoon, I read in previous reports to put on some wellies and come prepared, being the novice I am I ignored this and stuck on a pair of old comfy trainers which now smell like absolute cow shit!
I set off on my adventure with the location of the brook open on maps on my phone and upon arriving decided to take an absolute ballache of a route down one of the very steep banks into the north end of the brook. After a fair walk, a lot of swearing, a lot of falling over,climbing obstacles in my way and very soggy feet I finally found what I came in search of... Flood brook culvert!
Now I know there isn't much to this but I have lived in the area for over 25 years and didn't have a clue this was here, the excitement for me took me back years, that rush of adrenaline, a sense of static excitement in the air!
I headed through the first section of culvert which opened out into a large impressive arch and to be honest not much has changed since the previous postings on here, I exited the arch and found another small drainage tunnel which i didn't explore fully due to the depth of water and my inadequate footwear. Anyway guys here's the photos, iv been out today to the old Delamere Forest school so should have a report up on that soon too, hope you all enjoy!

IMG_4622_zps0dp7bml2.jpg

The bottomless brook, was an absolute nightmare getting down here.
IMG_4620_zpstnso7ejj.jpg

The Entrance to the culvert.
IMG_4614_zpsuvjzxonb.jpg

Just had to get a picture of myself framed by the vast arch.
IMG_4608_zpseejibswd.jpg

Looking back out the way i just entered.
IMG_4605_zps0rvcmskp.jpg

Looking out from the culvert towards the smaller drain that leads towards the M56.
IMG_4601_zpsposz8gxp.jpg

And behind me the Killer Zombie Clown and smaller Arch.
IMG_4596_zpsmlxaho5e.jpg

The entrance point of the larger Arch.
IMG_4590_zpsyp1rfh99.jpg

And finally the smaller drain which i didnt get all the way down, i will be back though, to be continued...

Last edited:

pastybarm

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Beautiful photos, looks very green round there. There were a couple of guys who ran a UE website who were from warrington, think they may have explored this one also.

WildBoyz

Is this the future?
28DL Full Member
As far as first reports go, this is really good. You sound like you had a good time too which is what it's all about.

paulpowers

Massive Member
Regular User
Good stuff

The second smaller section is quite short and used to have a few shopping trolleys at the other end

L

little_ boy_explores

i really wish i could find theses explore in the woods nice pics very retro