real time web analytics
Report - - Flood Relief Pump House..Kings Cliffe, Northamptonshire March 2019 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Flood Relief Pump House..Kings Cliffe, Northamptonshire March 2019

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Mikeymutt🐶

28DL Regular User
Regular User
I had seen a report on this place a few years back by bikinglynn. And remembering it looked quite nice, so whilst me and man gone wrong were in the area we had a little look. We still did not know what to expect. As we walked along the edge off the field to it you would think it was just a shell off an old building. But it is quite lovely inside. the old pumping gear had gone a nice green colour, and the place although small had plenty of character. We actually spent quite a lot off time here. Shame it started raining quite steadily. I don't really know too much about it and it really is in the middle off nowhere. Working it out I can guess is that because it is situated near an area prone too flooding that it was used too draw water from the river next too it in the event off flooding. There was large drain covers nearby and underground pipe work too. The water I would imagine would be pumped into the river next to it. A beautiful Blackstone pump still site in situ in the building. It was a shame that it kept raining hard as we could only have one at a time in the building.

Last edited:

Barneylad06

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I had seen a report on this place a few years back by bikinglynn. And remembering it looked quite nice, so whilst me and man gone wrong were in the area we had a little look. We still did not know what to expect. As we walked along the edge off the field to it you would think it was just a shell off an old building. But it is quite lovely inside. the old pumping gear had gone a nice green colour, and the place although small had plenty of character. We actually spent quite a lot off time here. Shame it started raining quite steadily. I don't really know too much about it and it really is in the middle off nowhere. Working it out I can guess is that because it is situated near an area prone too flooding that it was used too draw water from the river next too it in the event off flooding. There was large drain covers nearby and underground pipe work too. The water I would imagine would be pumped into the river next to it. A beautiful Blackstone pump still site in situ in the building. It was a shame that it kept raining hard as we could only have one at a time in the building.

Love it! I am new to this and how long does it roughly take for your report to be admitted?

Bikin Glynn

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Love it! I am new to this and how long does it roughly take for your report to be admitted?
[/QUOTE]
I think admin do approve first one so can take a while

tigger

mog
Regular User
Great photos.
Almost certainly local distributed water supply and not 'flood relief'. Fairly common before the large 'mains' system we have in most areas these days.
They varied from small affairs serving a house or farm through to whole hamlets/villages being suplied through the efforts of the landowner.
The Blackstone thing is a diesel engine not a pump and would have powered the two pumps via the belts, lineshafting

Last edited:

Mikeymutt🐶

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Great photos.
Almost certainly local distributed water supply and not 'flood relief'. Fairly common before the large 'mains' system we have in most areas these days.
They varied from small affairs serving a house or farm through to whole hamlets/villages being suplied through the efforts of the landowner.
The Blackstone thing is a diesel engine not a pump and would have powered the two pumps via the belts, lineshafting
Thank you very much. I posted this on something else a while back. And was told by quite a knowledgeable guy that it was a water extraction station for relief of water in places were water can rise quickly. Oh I presumed the pump would be by black stone as well, as they made pumps as well as engines. Thanks for the info.

Bikin Glynn

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Thank you very much. I posted this on something else a while back. And was told by quite a knowledgeable guy that it was a water extraction station for relief of water in places were water can rise quickly. Oh I presumed the pump would be by black stone as well, as they made pumps as well as engines. Thanks for the info.

Thats interesting I never could figure out its purpose.
Used to be a barn owl living in there way back before the roof got worse, its nice that its all natural decay though

Mikeymutt🐶

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Thats interesting I never could figure out its purpose.
Used to be a barn owl living in there way back before the roof got worse, its nice that its all natural decay though
I never saw no owl, but would have loved to ha e seen it. Thankfully it's a spot no one will really bother with as hidden up in the middle of nowhere.

Who has read this thread (Total: 170) View details