real time web analytics
Report - - Fole Mill, Uttoxeter, Staffordshire – March 2020 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Fole Mill, Uttoxeter, Staffordshire – March 2020

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

MotionlessMike

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Fole Mill is the last building standing on the site of the former Fole Dairy which was demolished in 2018. The mill itself dates from 1771 and was constructed by Henry Copestake as a water mill, possibly on the site of an even earlier structure. The upper storey of it was rebuilt in 1894 following a fire, by Vernon & Sons who went on to construct London’s Millennium Mills. There is also the ‘Mill House’ which stands in front of the main building, this also dates from the 18th century and was most likely inhabited by the mill manager.
The site of the mill was purchased in the early 1920’s by the Co-operative Wholesale Society who transformed the into a dairy which operated out of the village of Fole all the way up to 2009.

Driving through Fole, I thought I’d check the site out to see if there were any leftovers which might be worth nosing around in – and so it came to be. Nowt amazing here, but it had a certain oldness to it and some milk related stuff still lying around.

Ground floor

Middle floor

Top floor

Small engineering room

And one final shot from the former mill managers' house. Empty & rotten, but had some nice wind-torn curtains.

Thanks for looking.​

Joshrowlands

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Thank you for sharing. Fole dairy was one of my first explores I have fond memories of going there with 2 different people on 2 occasions over one sunny weekend back in 2018. We made it all around the old office block and factory but never made it in this building so very interesting to see. Tempted to have a browse for myself.

MotionlessMike

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Thank you for sharing. Fole dairy was one of my first explores I have fond memories of going there with 2 different people on 2 occasions over one sunny weekend back in 2018. We made it all around the old office block and factory but never made it in this building so very interesting to see. Tempted to have a browse for myself.

Worth a half hour if you're local. The dairy looked a decent wander, one I never got around to in time!

Joshrowlands

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Worth a half hour if you're local. The dairy looked a decent wander, one I never got around to in time!
Yes, 20 minutes down the A500 so once lockdown is over I might have a look. The old dairy was a really good explore, went on quite a few occasions over 2018 and then it was demolished in August of that year so I’m glad we went when we did.

Who has read this thread (Total: 199) View details