Web
Analytics
Report - - Foley House - Essex - July 2020 | Residential Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Foley House - Essex - July 2020

Jordanchinkbmx

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hello, hello. Its been a while.

History

Foley House, Braintree, Essex. Foley (originally Folly) House, a Barnardo's Home for young boys, at 115 High Garrett, Braintree, was opened as a Barnardo's home in 1946. Originally accommodating thirty boys, it switched to being a mixed home from 1954 to 1960 and then again from 1972 onwards until its final closure in March 1981. Foley House has three floors and a basement.
It did reopen again as a care home for the blind and deaf but was shut down by the Care Quality Commission (CQC) back in January 2016 because it was deemed inadequate.

Info/The Explore

So, its been a little while since my last proper venture out for some exploring.. I joined 28DL back in 2015 when i was really into urbex. But my bug for it kind of phased out after a while. The other week my pal showed me a Facebook post that was talking about the Kelmarsh Tunnel, so we decided to just go and check it out. (100% worth it) But obviously looked up some abandoned places nearby, because I thought, if I'm going to drive 2 hours away I might as well make it worth it and get another explore in there! Managed to find a half demolished hospital which was still cool to walk around. But I've definitely got the bug back for this!

Enough of that, the explore..
Was actually told about this one from a friend of a friend who had done this ages ago. So we all met up to go and explore Foley House. I'm about 6ft tall so, access wasn't great.. lol. I actually noticed some previous reports on here from last year/year before that, which mentioned security, alarms, cameras, sensors, bots, etc. but saw nothing of the kind on my visit! We had a good few hours in here just walking around, no trouble at all! Also looked very empty and bare compared to previous reports, plus looks a bit worse for wear in some places now too. The basement was a cool but tight/creepy little venture with some old VHS tapes. All-in-all a decent first explore back, in and out, no trouble at all! Did notice some cameras on poles outside however, but some of them look like they have had their wiring cut...

The Photos

Empty cupboards...

Another empty room...

Can't help yourself really can you? :p

Kitchen area....

Not so, untouched.

To the basement...

Gotta love an old fireplace photo.

Loft area.

Some windows in the loft.

Loft area again.

Old tape/radio player.

Vinyl.

Lots of vinyl.

Old VHS tapes in the basement.

Rummage sale anyone?

Obligatory toilet pic.

Attachments

Francesca_bxx

28DL Member
28DL Member
Stopped off here last month after seeing this place from the road, saw two huge security tripod systems (have no clue what they're actaully called sorry!), so never attempted to find a way in. Very tempted to head back knowing you seemed to have found your way in ....

Jordanchinkbmx

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Stopped off here last month after seeing this place from the road, saw two huge security tripod systems (have no clue what they're actaully called sorry!), so never attempted to find a way in. Very tempted to head back knowing you seemed to have found your way in ....
I saw no security tripods... either way, had no issues ! :thumb

fester

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I'm guessing they are Armadillos? I work in construction and they're quite popular on building sites