real time web analytics
Report - - Folkestone ROC Post Site 2 - Kent Group - 9/2/08 | ROC Posts | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Folkestone ROC Post Site 2 - Kent Group - 9/2/08

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

I

isiah_sheepworrier

Built for the closure of the first Folkestone post in the 1960's, this one was closed in 1992 as a Master Post. The Subrit report says this was open in 2001, but it is now firmly locked.

Subrit report, so you can see what it looks like below ground.

Nuclear Monitoring Posts – Subterranea Britannica

Well-appointed compound, note the kerbstones by the entrance. Gate is locked.

folk21.jpg

Huge compound, fence is still intact. There's even hardstanding over the back

folk26.jpg

FSM and BPI pipes

folk25.jpg

Aerial earth straps on the ventilaton shaft

folk24.jpg

Aerial mount and mains electricity connection on the access shaft. The aerial mount is the standard sort of TV aerial mount you'd get in Maplins. The electricity socket was originally screwed to the shaft. These aren't mentioned in the Subrit report, so they might be a recent addition. Radio ham perhaps? They don't look like they've been used in a while

folk29.jpg

Water stopcock point at the back of the compound. Damp moss growing on it indicates it must be still live

folk27.jpg

There's two of these earthrod connections at the back of the compound. They could have been used for the post aerial, but are quite close together.

folk23.jpg

Lots of snails under the cover

folk22.jpg

View of the Channel Tunnel Terminal from above

folk28.jpg

Hidinginplanesite

Khurbanx
28DL Full Member
Nice ! Iv been down crate road in the past and never knew about the Roc until now when I done some Googling !

Sorry to dig up a old report

obscurity

Flaxenation of the G!!!
Regular User
yeah I apparently share the KOL artical a few month back but didn’t notice it was same place lol
Dont waste your time with it. It was quite well secured for years but then got cut open a couple of years before going up for sale. I stuck my head in there and it was an absolute shit tip.

Wevsky

A Predisposed Tourist
Regular User
Dont waste your time with it. It was quite well secured for years but then got cut open a couple of years before going up for sale. I stuck my head in there and it was an absolute shit tip.
Mate ,they joy in your eyes when you came up from looking in here, you loved it :D

Hidinginplanesite

Khurbanx
28DL Full Member

if I’m in the area I’ll have a look to get some photos off the outside but that about it , I saw one video on the place from 2018 so gonna asume it been sealed back up since tbh a roc post isn’t something I’ll go away out for lol it something I have a look at if I’m passing by Or in the area ! Iv seen where site one is and the matter lol tower 3 there both sealed right up
I’m surprise I ever saw the location of site 2 roc post back when I done crate road resiovor a few years back ( done 2/3 times ) but again roc post something I don’t go searching for lol