Web
Analytics
Report - - Fonthill - Godalming - May 2019 | Residential Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Fonthill - Godalming - May 2019

Andrew32

Addicted to bad camera framing
28DL Full Member
Having been round this place many times even getting caught outside by patrolling security, its about time i got in and posted a report.

This is also the first report that I've tried editing the photos for, I'm experimenting with multiple exposure photos and combining them in Lightroom, any feedback would be appreciated.

History
History is largely unknown, I personally only found evidence of this house's existence through the land registry, Zoopla and other sites have no recollection of the house

Owned by Richard Noble (Taken from Bank statements and online information), He died aged 78 in 2008.

There's plenty to read up about the guy, seemed to be quite famous, sadly his collections of record players don't appear to have been left behind.
https://www.theguardian.com/theguardian/2008/aug/18/1

Explore
Public footpaths leading right to the front makes entry simple, The overgrown state of the building makes entry difficult, yet a bit of perseverance and your'e in. The security sign has been changed since i started scouting out the place, yet the threat of sensors simply isn't true and the 2 people currently arrested hasn't changed since the original sign. The window boarding is done from the inside too, and having been painted black it makes entry that little more annoying.
I met some people both inside and out, appears to have spread through Instagram recently, only downhill from here.

IMG_6022.jpg

IMG_6024.jpg

IMG_6027.jpg

IMG_5969.jpg

IMG_5970.jpg

IMG_5974.jpg

Lot of stuff in the kitchen seems staged, its way tidier than other previous photos
IMG_5978.jpg

IMG_5980.jpg

IMG_5991.jpg

My first attempts at HDR editing:
IMG_5999-HDR.png

IMG_6003-HDR.jpg

IMG_6016.jpg

All 71 Photos from this explore can be seen here:
https://drive.google.com/drive/u/1/folders/1VD8KeSChyhjIWyXJZ0XMcT3hw8uj7BI6

clarion

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Great photos, I think you have absolutely nailed the HDR. The final picture shows the green leaves out the window plus the cable running up the side of the door frame. Top job.

Calamity Jane

i see beauty in the unloved, places & things
Regular User
Nice set, I had this on my list for this week coming lol. Your HDR photo looks top notch. I don't understand the process of multiple exposure photos and combining them in Lightroom, as Im not very experienced with photography. Now I actually post after many years just exploring and taking snaps, I'm trying to improve my photography skills. I shot in RAW for the first time last week, and saw editing and lightroom in the conversion process. So Im experimenting too. But youve done a great job :thumb:thumb:thumb

Andrew32

Addicted to bad camera framing
28DL Full Member
Great photos, I think you have absolutely nailed the HDR. The final picture shows the green leaves out the window plus the cable running up the side of the door frame. Top job.
Nice set, I had this on my list for this week coming lol. Your HDR photo looks top notch. I don't understand the process of multiple exposure photos and combining them in Lightroom, as Im not very experienced with photography. Now I actually post after many years just exploring and taking snaps, I'm trying to improve my photography skills. I shot in RAW for the first time last week, and saw editing and lightroom in the conversion process. So Im experimenting too. But youve done a great job :thumb:thumb:thumb
Thanks for the feedback guys, once I'm better at it I'll make a thread discussing the best methods of editing, this tutorial worked great for me: