Web
Analytics
Report - - Fonthill - Godalming, Surrey - May 2019 | Residential Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Fonthill - Godalming, Surrey - May 2019

oleo.21

oleophotos
28DL Full Member
I went to this place at the very start of May on one afternoon with a friend of mine, but only just got around to doing a report!

HISTORY:
Richard Noble was the owner of this house, however he died in June 2008, and his house fell into this poor state.
The house looks like a mix of different styles, with the doorway on the front of the building looking like an 18th century doorway, however with the brickwork I reckon it was built early 20th century.

THE EXPLORE:
This was my friends first explore and although she was a tad nervous at the start, she became quite comfortable and really enjoyed the explore. We found the place nice and easily, access took a bit longer than expected to find, but we found it in the end. The house has mostly been stripped out, but quite a few belongings were left behind, with most of it horded in one room upstairs. The downstairs felt a bit like a building site that had been abandoned to be quite honest. We spent a good couple of hours in there taking lots of photos, especially around the stairs. My friend had bought doughnuts from the local Greggs and had them in a bag downstairs whilst she took some photos, but whilst upstairs, I saw two people walking around outside, and the first thing we thought of were the doughnuts, so she hurried downstairs to grab them. Not long after, another explorer called up the stairs to say hello. Apparently the place was already a lot more trashed than when he was last there, so unfortunately this place is just going to go further downhill from here. I heard that there is security though, as apparently whilst we were inside a security van drove round, but left again.

PHOTOS:

1.jpg

2.jpg
3.jpg

4.jpg
5.jpg

6.jpg
7.jpg

8.jpg
9.jpg

10.jpg
11.jpg

12.jpg

IMG_0068.jpg

Calamity Jane

i see beauty in the unloved, places & things
Regular User
Lovely set there. I like the use of light, makes a change from the norm. Place has become a bit tour bus, but its always good to see a nice set of any derp :cool: