real time web analytics
Report - - Ford Flour Mill, Avonmouth 17/03/09 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Ford Flour Mill, Avonmouth 17/03/09

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Rookinella

I should have danced all night
28DL Full Member
Visited with Speed.

Well this is at least one of the four giants conquered (actually two coz Dweeb, Turk and OT did Spillers a couple of years ago) but these big bastards have been my nemesis for the past four years which is silly really because it was quite easy actually because after we'd told a substantial amount of lies, we got onto the docks. That was always going to be the hard part and with a bit of hunting, we got into this one after Spillers had been blocked up by the scrap metalists.

A dark poke around the ground floor eventually yielded a staircase to the rest of the mill which did not disappoint. About ten flights of stairs later and inches think piles of bird poo presented some awesome sites. I suppose having old mills on dockland does have some benefits in that they are totally untouched. It had been left in that state since the day it closed with only manic pigeons to keep it company. It reminded me a lot of British Extracting on the top floor except without the ladder of death.

We had a quick poke around on the roof except we were very aware that we might have been seen so we scarpered soon afterward to try our luck at one of the other beasts further along the dockland.

However, it soon became clear that there was too much commotion going on to risk poking around another one and I felt that we may have outstayed our welcome. Getting back out of the dock was slightly more stressful than going in but we were soon away and back on the road VERY surprised that we had got away with it.

We WILL be back! Only next time wearing different clothes and maybe wigs and sunglasses because I don't think it will be so easy. There were a couple more sites on the list but they didn't go so well and then Speed was due to go and see some man's garage that was full of treasure and red GPO telephones but I missed out on this coz I felt like I was giving birth to a monkey and had to go home and die quietly:(

I'm really sorry I know I've spoken about these to loads of people namely Scotty and Rigsby but it was a spur of the moment thing so massive apologies for not being able to do the trunk call in time:eek: We will have them all though, at least between us. Divide and conquer etc. Here's the pics:thumb

top shelf stuff
DSC_0268.jpg

packaging
DSC_0273.jpg

wheelbarraa
DSC_0278.jpg

machinery
DSC_0279.jpg

eenie....meenie...miney...MO!
DSC_0281.jpg

The Physical Impossibility of Death in the Mind of Someone Living
DSC_0283.jpg

machinery
DSC_0286.jpg

belt stuff
DSC_0289.jpg

me
DSC_0296.jpg

long way down
DSC_0297.jpg

Don't use the lift-very bad
DSC_0298.jpg

Ground floor
DSC_0213.jpg

Ugh I lost my D
DSC_0218.jpg

trolley thing
DSC_0220.jpg

phonage
DSC_0221.jpg

cereal and dried peas and stuff
DSC_0232.jpg

This *may* have been a set up
DSC_0239.jpg

machinery
DSC_0241.jpg

machinery
DSC_0242.jpg

staircase of death which led to nowhere
DSC_0243.jpg

I saw a fox as I was lightpainting this and its eyes were glowing green-eek!
DSC_0252.jpg

Is that the lift?
DSC_0259.jpg

Last edited:

Speed

Got Epic?
Regular User
Ooops missed a couple of shots

Picture041mod-1.jpg

Picture058mod.jpg

Spillers is stright ahead, then CWS, but whats the 4th mill called?

Last edited: