Web
Analytics
Report - - Forest ruins - Bearley July 2020 | Residential Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Forest ruins - Bearley July 2020

UrExBirm

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
So I'd like to say this is my first report, but I'm not even sure if this qualifies as a report. For about 2 weeks I've been scouring google maps around my area (very rural) and researching plenty, today I hit my first find.

Unfortunately, the lead I got has come with no history at all and I couldn't find anything myself. Per the lack of detail I'm not sure if this would even qualify as a report (+ I dont know if ruins count???), but posting anyway please correct me if I'm wrong. This is where I'd ask if anyone has any ideas of what I'm exploring I'd love to hear them - I shared the photo's with someone else and they couldn't couldn't work out what was going on. Enough rambling, today I was told there were extensive ruins in part of the Bearley forest by a neighbour, so immediately after work, I made my way to the location and had to explore for about 30 minutes through pretty rough foliage and no human trails at all.

This wasn't my first wade through a forest, but the first time I found something I deem truly interesting, so it was very enjoyable for me. It was boiling hot in Bearley and I was on my own, getting stung all over my arms and pulling cobwebs off my face I actually had a lot of fun. How remote the ruins were made it very satisfying to see brickwork in a sea of green. As you can see below the area was massively reclaimed by nature, each room full of foliage and some with trees lining the walls. The roof looked pitched but had completely fallen through, as I said there were no signs of any other human being around those parts for some time. No trodden plants, no litter, no noticeable graffiti, nothing. Here is a brief video tour of the ruins with some pictures of surrounding areas to follow. (I used YT but the video is unlisted) SORRY IN ADVANCE FOR PORTRAIT IM NOT A SMART MAN

Bang that vid on 1080p and dont forget, even though it sounds like i'm stomping everywhere the area was choc a bloc with dry dead branches.

This then led off to another area with a wide open space, but some more ruined walls and structures. Sorry the images aren't great, all smartphone

20200717_171623.jpg

20200717_171639.jpg

20200717_171946.jpg

20200717_172046.jpg

20200717_172128.jpg

20200717_171442.jpg

My first thought was that it was something related to animals or livestock, but when actually entering the rooms I couldn't find anything that looked similar to animal housing. I found it pretty hard to decipher and would love to hear your thoughts! Thanks.

Last edited:

Calamity Jane

i see beauty in the unloved, places & things
Regular User
Whats the name of the forest? I havnt watched the vid btw, as I usually dont. Is there anything different on the video that isnt shown in photos. I love a challenge to find history

Airfix

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I think it could be something military, based on the screeding on the outer walls and the windows etc.

UrExBirm

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Whats the name of the forest? I havnt watched the vid btw, as I usually dont. Is there anything different on the video that isnt shown in photos. I love a challenge to find history
The vid shows a full structure that isn't shown in the pictures. I will update with more pictures when I'm home tomorrow. As for the name of the forest, if it isn't called "Bearley Forest" then I have no idea.

I think it could be something military, based on the screeding on the outer walls and the windows etc.
I was thinking maybe the same, some kind of MOD building. Thanks for the reply mate!