Web
Analytics
Report - - Forgotten Culverts, Seaham, Co.Durham, May 2012 | UK Draining Forum | 28DaysLater.co.uk
  • Welcome to 28DaysLater.co.uk - 28DL - The UK Urban Exploring / Urban Exploration / Urbex Forums.

Asylums and Hospitals, High Stuff, Industrial, Leisure Sites, Residential Sites, Military Sites, Mines and Quarries, ROC Posts, Theatres and Cinemas, Draining, Underground Sites, European and International Sites, Leads, Rumours and News, Kit, Clothing, Equipment, Photography and Video sections, plus Private & Local Groups and a lot more.

Please feel free to browse this website as a guest. However, creating an account allows you to search, post replies, start new threads, use bookmarking, live chat, messaging and notification systems. Also, it removes some ads.

Create an account | Login | Request new password

Report - Forgotten Culverts, Seaham, Co.Durham, May 2012

Renrutt

Turnerr
28DL Full Member
Forgotten Culverts, Seaham, Co.Durham, May 2012

This was my first venture underground with a camera, so no laughing.
Pictures were taken over 2 visits and I must say those from the second are much, much better than the first, so progress was definitely made :)

Big thanks to goan for showing me around and credits for a couple of the pictures.

I think it was 4 different sections of the river that we explored dotted around Seaham, with the final section leaving us planning our next move.

DSC_0401Custom.jpg

DSC_0404Custom.jpg

DSC_0425Custom.jpg

DSC_0421Custom.jpg

DSC_0430Custom.jpg

DSC_0332Custom.jpg

DSC_0347Custom.jpg

DSC_0440Custom.jpg

NOMNOMNOM!

DSC_0443Custom.jpg

DSC_0316Custom.jpg

DSC_0317Custom.jpg

Now this was our final stop and access to this one was a little bit more tricky. I'm not sure it's ever been explored before but If you have, please, shout up.

It starts off a newish , boring, concrete section

DSC_0454Custom.jpg

Opening out into a short, fully grated, open air section.

DSC_0449Custom.jpg

We ventured up the pipe a short way to a small chamber with manhole access but the pipe was only getting smaller and we couldn't see the end when shining the torch up, so we turned back.

DSC_0448Custom.jpg

This was a far as we got before being thwarted by the falls
DSC_0446Custom.jpg

DSC_0456Custom.jpg

Watch this space....

Thanks for looking :thumb

Last edited: