Web
Analytics
Information - - Formatting and BBcode problem | Computers, Websites and Technology | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Information - Formatting and BBcode problem

Landie_Man

"Landie" or Harry
Regular User
Hi All,

I always type my reports up in Word and copy it to each forum as opposed to writing it out into Forum 1, then pasting to Forum 2, Forum 3 etc etc. This is because the newer software forums such as here and OS mess the formatting up big style.

What I have noticed lately though, is when you manually write the BBcode into word and paste it in here, it totally messes it up and leaves you with dead links in your post. It was perfectly written in the Message Box, but when you go to click edit its totally ruined and you have to manually insert each photo again using the Insert Photo button.

Its a minor inconvenience and everything, its just that I have never come across this before? Any ideas?

elhomer12

Maglite size T-rex, It's time for urbex!
Regular User
I was just wondering what you actually meant in chatbox, what does it do to the code? I write my reports in sublime text and copy paste too, but I only really post here, and maybe derpy places if I can be bothered.
Never really encountered any problems doing this. Maybe try a straight text editor rather than word? it might be adding some extra crap that could cause problems

Landie_Man

"Landie" or Harry
Regular User
Word isnt adding anything at all, I literally paste it straight in and OS, DP and an American forum I use post with no issues, and so does here 60% of the time.

I grab the link from Flickr, paste it into Word and add [/mg] to it, make sure its all formatted and presented well, paste here and it ends up with loads of paragraphs and all the code broken. It often removes the [IMG] tags and adds other BBcode but breaks in the process. Its impossible to spot because when I type it out here, it looks perfect, like, my screen shows it with no broken links or anything, then the forum deletes the tags and adds something else.

Really odd. I will use BBcode editor Ojay, cheers!

elhomer12

Maglite size T-rex, It's time for urbex!
Regular User
That is strange, I've never had a problem pasting code into the editor here.... always works fine

Landie_Man

"Landie" or Harry
Regular User
Get rid of the URL tags, just past it in like [img ] http://flickr.com/url /to img/2434.jpg [ /img] and thats it, no need for any additional tags

This is what my image links look like:

Code:
 [ATTACH=full]741342[/ATTACH]
I know how to do it lol mine look the same. Except I don't add "code."

I've been doing reports wrong for 10 years if I didn't know how to :p

Attachments

Landie_Man

"Landie" or Harry
Regular User
How do you mean? How would we get the link for the correct size etc?

Can you take a screenshot of what it's doing to you and add it to this thread to give us an idea of the issue, "it messes up my thread" does not really give us much to go off, especially if what Ojay suggested does not work.
Sure. I did specify later on exactly the issue.