real time web analytics
Report - - Formby ROC Post and surrounding buildings. | ROC Posts | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Formby ROC Post and surrounding buildings.

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Shaun

28DL Regular User
28DL Full Member
DSC00695.JPG
DSC00696.JPG
DSC00697.JPG
DSC00699.JPG
DSC00700.JPG
DSC00701.JPG
DSC00702.JPG
DSC00692.JPG
DSC00693.JPG

I went to view what's left of ROC Post used between 1960 and 1966 closed due to erosion and replaced by A ROC post at woodvale which lasted until 1991 when it was demolished.
I also found some surrounding bullrings and this very strange wall structure which i cant find what it was used for? But anyway here the pictures i took.

Last edited by a moderator:

caiman

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
According to the OS map, there were rifle and machine gun ranges in that immediate area so I guess the buildings and the wall are associated with the old range.

Krypton

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
That ones had a hard life! But no surprise really suffering from erosion when they built it on a sand dune lol

Shaun

28DL Regular User
28DL Full Member
That ones had a hard life! But no surprise really suffering from erosion when they built it on a sand dune lol
you'd think that they would realise that building on a sand dune inst the best!

Shaun

28DL Regular User
28DL Full Member
According to the OS map, there were rifle and machine gun ranges in that immediate area so I guess the buildings and the wall are associated with the old range.
how did you find that?

adventure4000

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Just down from the roc place as well there use to be a horse ranch in the forest which has been empty for how long don't know. I don't know if it is still there. Last time I was in Formby was 2013/14.

CureForPain

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
If anyone's interested, the graffiti-covered bunker is part of a 'Starfish' decoy site (basically a fuckton of lights and fires designed to look like Liverpool from the air, so bombers would hit empty countryside instead of the city). It's likely the control centre, where the guys would shelter and maintain the lights etc.

Pretty tough break: if they did their job right, they'd get bombed!