real time web analytics
Report - - Former Camelot theme park -August 2018 | Leisure Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Former Camelot theme park -August 2018

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

PurpleBlank

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Opening in 1983 Camelot played host to many visitors over the years until its eventual demise in 2012. The park owners, Knights leisure (part of the Story Group), cited dwindling attendance as reason to not reopen the park after the 2012 season. Thus on 2nd September 2012 Camelot closed its doors for the last time. More info on the place here

Once a bustling place of fun and enjoyment Camelot is now eerie to say the least. Most of the site has been ransacked and is in pretty poor condition with collapsed buildings and vandalism being common place among natures rapid overgrowth retake of the park. Only parts of the Dragon Flyer and Knightmare remain standing in terms of rides. However the food court, famous jousting arena and castle like front entrance still remain.

Sadly due to the owners recently upping their security efforts with manned cars parked at various open view points around the site as well as a guard dog and man at the entrance we didn't get to explore the arena or food court but managed to get nearly everywhere else.

Here's what we found:
Photos all taken on my Oneplus 5T
Hope you enjoy :)

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg
8.jpg
9.jpg
10.jpg
11.jpg
12.jpg
13.jpg
14.jpg
15.jpg
16.jpg
17.jpg
18.jpg
19.jpg
20.jpg
21.jpg
22.jpg
23.jpg
24.jpg
25.jpg
26.jpg
28.jpg
29.jpg

Beet Root

Living life through a pie
28DL Full Member
Opening in 1983 Camelot played host to many visitors over the years until its eventual demise in 2012. The park owners, Knights leisure (part of the Story Group), cited dwindling attendance as reason to not reopen the park after the 2012 season. Thus on 2nd September 2012 Camelot closed its doors for the last time. More info on the place here

Once a bustling place of fun and enjoyment Camelot is now eerie to say the least. Most of the site has been ransacked and is in pretty poor condition with collapsed buildings and vandalism being common place among natures rapid overgrowth retake of the park. Only parts of the Dragon Flyer and Knightmare remain standing in terms of rides. However the food court, famous jousting arena and castle like front entrance still remain.

Sadly due to the owners recently upping their security efforts with manned cars parked at various open view points around the site as well as a guard dog and man at the entrance we didn't get to explore the arena or food court but managed to get nearly everywhere else.

Here's what we found:
Photos all taken on my Oneplus 5T
Hope you enjoy :)

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg
8.jpg
9.jpg
10.jpg
11.jpg
12.jpg
13.jpg
14.jpg
15.jpg
16.jpg
17.jpg
18.jpg
19.jpg
20.jpg
21.jpg
22.jpg
23.jpg
24.jpg
25.jpg
26.jpg
28.jpg
29.jpg
Me a the missus got chased by secca a few years back and had to hide in the ball pit :p

Bikin Glynn

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Cant believe they dont let security dogs in there lol

I too saw "Britain By Drone" strange thing to do when they seem so concerned about security, most people seem to get caught in there tbh, u did well!

PurpleBlank

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Me a the missus got chased by secca a few years back and had to hide in the ball pit :p
We turned the corner near the whirlwind coaster to see 3 blokes in high vis staring at us. We bricked it and ran sharpish, must have been like a scene from Looney tunes for them

Hmp-Caver

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Definitely must visit here before it is all gone completely, it is so overgrown now too! Jesus, it doesn't seem all that long ago I was on the whirlwind, shame though, and as for the Secca they are just a bunch of halfwits with zero clue or power.

Toptrucker

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Has anyone been over the last couple of weeks I’m looking at going to have a look round .
Thanks for any info.

Who has read this thread (Total: 340) View details